Dragon Age: Inquisition

InCrYsIs

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited for this despite not playing the first or second game (which I hear I should just avoid)

I've been trying to play Origins lately but just can't get past the combat. I'm just not a fan of the slow strategic combat in a game like this. I just want the story and would like to just skip combat all together lol

• 4 weeks later...

If it wasn't posted already, here's a preview of the game during PAX last month.

Not only will PC stalwarts like myself be able to pause and issue commands to your party in a view that makes sense, but console players will have the tactical view available too. The BioWare team realized that giving more options to players was much better than restricting them.

"You can play the game the way you want to play it," said Laidlaw, pointing out the player can switch easily between following a party member in a third person over the shoulder view to the tactical camera. "There's situations in which there's advantages for both styles of play. I don't want every fight to be fought using [the tactical view]. Sometimes you just want to quickly beat up some guys."

"Each dragon encounter is hand-crafted, and they are designed to kick your ass," Laidlaw said. You don't have to kill dragons, it's optional gameplay, but every time you do you'll get resources and prestige you can use to build up the Inquisition.

The Inquisition is what this game is all about, hence the title. The player character - which can be mage, warrior or rogue just like before - starts off the game re-establishing the ancient order of the Inquisition, founded long ago to stamp out corruption across all nations and borders. You begin the game poor and controlling no land, but as you go out into the world to take over keeps, establish bases, help people, or force them to heed you, your power grows.

But this is no empty game concept. Laidlaw showed how you can make decisions in how you govern your keeps, say to unlock new dungeons or areas, as well as engage in crafting systems to better equip your soldiers or make enough potions to turn the tide of war. It really did seem like an open world RPG in which you control a burgeoning organization.

And, perhaps the best part:

Inquisition takes place in Ferelden, Orlais and the northern reaches surrounding Kirkwall from DA2. "It is the biggest game we have ever made," Laidlaw said, and he's not kidding. The areas we were shown ranged from temperate zones to deserts and swamps, and you can walk across them in a seamless manner. One area was called Crestwood, and Laidlaw said, "It is bigger than all of Dragon Age 2 put together. It will take you fifteen minutes to walk from one end of it to the other."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear BioWare, please don't screw this up. It is looking so killer.

Signed, Dragon Age fans everywhere.

Yeah it looks so good.  I think Bioware heard loud and clear and is going into beast mode for this game.  When you take your time and don't get greedy (EA rushed DA2) Bioware will release great games.

• 1 month later...