i5 3570k + CM GeminII S524 Temp

SlitherSly

Hi, I'm wondering if these temperatures are correct for my i5 3570k + CM GeminII S524 Temp.The prime 95 torture test has been running for ~40 minutes now and my high has been 47, 47, 48, and 43. My idle temps are 15, 15, 15, and 10. Do those seem accurate? I'm wondering because they're really low. That 10 C idle prompted my concern. I would like to overclock, but not until I know I can trust those numbers. Thanks for any information.

Oh, I just realized the TJ Max was not set to 105. Now my temps during prime are fluctuating within 55-61. Is that a good temp for load? Also, is constant temp fluctuating a concern? It does that even when idle.

Edited by SlitherSly

I can say that with my 3570k my idle temps stay around 31 to 32 C with a Zalman CNPS10X Performa. In Prime 95 the temps are around 60-62 as well. Those temps are from 3.8 GHZ at the stock voltage. Like Spike said I would keep an eye on it when you overclock past that because these chips are known for heat and, to tell you the truth, I think I might keep my chip where it is at until I upgrade my cooler...

The TJ Max was set to 90 when it should be 105. After that the idle is 30 and 100% load with Prime95 is 60-62. Normal gaming (e.g. GW2 and SC2) the temp has yet to exceed 50.

Then the temperatures are totally normal.