H100 and fan placing

Crawlerz246

I have a few months ago opted out of my wimpy corsair V8 cooler, and installed a H100. I always wanted to get an H100, because I felt I needed more cooling and I couldn't afford a full on WC loop with water blocks. so I made the plunge. I didn't even bother with original fans, and binned them right away. installed 4 cougar vortex fans blowing INTO the case and directly hitting the GPU under them. h100-1.jpg my logic (altho the most setups I saw were blowing OUT of the case) was that cool air is outside and I want it on the rad. now the good thing is that the bottom set of fans are blowing so hard that it actually blows cool air onto the GPU and taking about 2-5C off the top temps. bad thing is that I didn't take into account that 4 fans would be loud. individually, the 17.5 db doesn't seem that bad but with 4 fans going.... it's noticeable.

ok so why am I asking all this? because

#1 - does all this expensive stuff justify, and is in fact taking about 10-12C off my CPU temp sound right? should it have done more? could it have? right now my loaded temp (@3.8GHz w/HT) are about 60C.

#2 - could I get away with same results, if I take off the bottom row of fans? are they in fact doing a job, or just creating noise?

the reason i ask is cuz I'm disabled and it's a chore to take the thing apart every time as it takes about 10x longer then it would a regular person. so I will ask before doing anything