Drop in video card performance ?

Guest Trankop

Guest Trankop

Hello

Edited by Trankop

Hi EuroFight

I don't think I can, did you see the picture of the GPU? it's hidden under a plastic cover . you mean if I experience this slow down under the normal temps there must be something else wrong ?

I am asking in this post because most people change their GPU card a lot compared to me, my last GPU card served me 12+ years, so I have no clue how do GPUs act these days, my previous PC was dead slow on all standards :lol:

I have had this PC for 1+ year and I am disappointed by it's performance and not sure where is the problem, HDD or RAM or GPU or everything? is it normal to experience slow down after a year ? is there a specific part of PC that is known to slow down after 1 year use ?

Generally it is possible to unclip the cover, consult your graphics card manual for more info. Also, the area getting hot is not necessarily around the sensor, so it is usually a good precaution to clear out heatsinks regularly.

Its not always the processor or GPU causing the slowdown, I know when one of my hardrives (specifically the one with Windows on it) was going bad everything would run slow sometimes.

So unless your GPU is overheating just sitting at idle then it may not even be related.

Also I see that you only have 4GB of RAM as well, its very easy to max out that much memory if you're editing photos.

I noticed windows 7 taskbar sometimes does not show video, showing a still image instead.
What do you mean by this?

Video in the taskbar?

Guest Trankop

Its not always the processor or GPU causing the slowdown, I know when one of my hardrives (specifically the one with Windows on it) was going bad everything would run slow sometimes.

So unless your GPU is overheating just sitting at idle then it may not even be related.

Also I see that you only have 4GB of RAM as well, its very easy to max out that much memory if you're editing photos.

What do you mean by this?

Video in the taskbar?

Edited by Trankop