System Cooling

EuroFight

Hi everyone,

I have an Envizage E3391 case for my computer, and I am trying to improve cooling - I am currently running the system with the side panel off to keep it cool.

I have the following case fans available;

Fixed fans direction cannot be changed

120mm fan (Exhaust on PSU)

120mm fan (Intake on front)

Fans direction can be changed

120mm fan (Exhaust/intake on rear)

80mm fan (Exhaust/intake on side panel)

I was wondering what the ideal configuration would be for the non-fixed fans

Cheers

Euro

Edited by EuroFight

Okay fiurst off the exhaust fan for the PSU is NOT useful in case cooling and derseves no mention.

The side panel fan should be set for intake and the rear fan for exhaust. You might also want to look at doing a little case modding, maybe increase the side intake size to 120 or even 140mm and possible add a chimney style exhuast at the top of the case.

• Like 1

Okay fiurst off the exhaust fan for the PSU is NOT useful in case cooling and derseves no mention.

The side panel fan should be set for intake and the rear fan for exhaust. You might also want to look at doing a little case modding, maybe increase the side intake size to 120 or even 140mm and possible add a chimney style exhuast at the top of the case.

I didn't know about the PSU not being useful for exhaust, so cheers for letting me know !

I cannot make the side intake larger because the side panel has a transparent acrylic window so I can show off :happy: , however I will set the side fan as intake, and the rear fan to exhaust.

With regards to the chimney-style exhaust, could I achieve this by punching a couple of holes in the top of the case ?

Cheers

Euro

:cheers:

Edited by EuroFight

Wait a sec - PSU cooling fans help case cooling quite a bit if the PSU is mounted at the top of the case (I'm on my phone and can't see the OP's case).

Regardless, side intake and rear exhaust is how I'd configure it too.

having the PSU as exhaust is always the best choice, and plus you will void any warrenty you have taking it apart and its quite dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.. Quite shocking actually.

I would actually see if you have enough room at the top of the case for a blow hole. and also if you have enough room on the bottom then grab yourself some mnpc tech case feet and drill them i. that will make you enough room under the case to mount some bottom intake fans. combine that with the blow hole and that case should cool very well.

www.MNPCtech.com is where you can get the feet and some templates for drilling the case holes. :D

having the PSU as exhaust is always the best choice, and plus you will void any warrenty you have taking it apart and its quite dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.. Quite shocking actually.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would actually see if you have enough room at the top of the case for a blow hole. and also if you have enough room on the bottom then grab yourself some mnpc tech case feet and drill them i. that will make you enough room under the case to mount some bottom intake fans. combine that with the blow hole and that case should cool very well.

www.MNPCtech.com is where you can get the feet and some templates for drilling the case holes. :D

Haha :lol:

I will see if I can get a template for a 140mm top exhaust fan, then see if the case still runs too hot I can look into the bottom intake fans

Thank you for your help +1 (If I could)

Edited by EuroFight

I just had a look at your case and at its dimensions and well so long as you are cool with having no external 5 1/2" bays you could get 3x 120mm intake fans really neatly onto your case.

Here is what I am talking bout.

7653932276_df6611d587.jpg

All you need is a Koolance 3x120mm rad shroud and it's dimensions nearly perfectly match your case. Also because your case is so similar in dimensions to mine you may also be able to get a 120mm exhaust on the back. To do all this though I recommend you be competent in the use of a jigsaw/hacksaw and/or dremel/rotary tool.

I just had a look at your case and at its dimensions and well so long as you are cool with having no external 5 1/2" bays you could get 3x 120mm intake fans really neatly onto your case.

Here is what I am talking bout.

7653932276_df6611d587.jpg

All you need is a Koolance 3x120mm rad shroud and it's dimensions nearly perfectly match your case. Also because your case is so similar in dimensions to mine you may also be able to get a 120mm exhaust on the back. To do all this though I recommend you be competent in the use of a jigsaw/hacksaw and/or dremel/rotary tool.

I really like the idea, and it looks really nice, but I have a number of 5 1/2 inch drives that I would like to retain, and I would probably also seriously injure myself in the process of construction :lol:

With the system, with the fans configured, the system is running at a fairly healthy 30C, with CPU reaching 45C under extreme load, and with the ambeint temp of around 27C, which I am not particularly concerned about anymore.

Thank you all for your help :cheers:

Euro