2x 2560x1440 on a hd6970 - issue

DoucheOS

Hi Everyone,

i have just purchased another 2560x1440 27" monitor from Korea - i can't say enough good things about them they are brilliant and for 370 bucks delivered with a pixel perfect guarentee who could - and i have just tried to plug it into the other DVI output on my HD6970.

The monitor doesnt work when they are both plugged into the DVI ports on the card.

Am i going to need to get an active DP to DVI adapter to have these both running at 2560x1440 in an extended display?

Catalyst is being a jerk and is unwilling to let me continue through either the extended display or the eyefinity process of making it work.

Any thoughts are welcome feel free to mock me.

Cheers,

James

• 3 weeks later...

I appears that even with a mini DP to DVI adapter that is active i am unable to make my 6970 drive both monitors. Guess its time i make my way to umart and get a second video card so i can use D-DVI to drive it unless anyone else has any ideas.

Those active adapters are power hungry and you will need a USB port that provides the necessary juice. Are you using a USB port on your PC and is so is giving it enough juice? Do you have a powered hub you can try?

You must get a DP to Active DUAL link DVI.

The early adapters that cost like £70 and have a USB cable for power. Those are dual link.

The cheap £20 ones which are active, are only single link.

The even cheaper ones for like £9 are passive single link.