3570k and H60?

H60, H70 or 212 Evo  

7 members have voted

1. 1. H60, H70 or 212 Evo?

I'm going to be OCing my 3570k hopefully to around 4.4GHz. I'm wandering what cooler to go for? I like the low profile look of the h60/70, and it seems fitting to put a corsair cooler in a corsair case (500R). Is this going to be adequate? If so do you know what kind of temps I'll be getting?

I'm going to be OCing my 3570k hopefully to around 4.4GHz. I'm wandering what cooler to go for? I like the low profile look of the h60/70, and it seems fitting to put a corsair cooler in a corsair case (500R). Is this going to be adequate? If so do you know what kind of temps I'll be getting?

I would not bother with any of the corsair coolers unless you were getting the H100. They are wayyyyy overpriced.

The NZXT havik 140mm, Coolermaster 212 evo, and even the cooler master V6 GT are all better than the H60 and probably the H70 though I am not 100 percent positive.

Either way those three coolers that I mentioned are a lot cheaper and can still get you to about 4.6ghz pretty easily.

• Like 1

I would not bother with any of the corsair coolers unless you were getting the H100. They are wayyyyy overpriced.

The NZXT havik 140mm, Coolermaster 212 evo, and even the cooler master V6 GT are all better than the H60 and probably the H70 though I am not 100 percent positive.

Either way those three coolers that I mentioned are a lot cheaper and can still get you to about 4.6ghz pretty easily.

:withstupid: I think airman is selling some really good coolers in the OCC Marketplace

I vote for the H100. It is just about the best cooler on the market right now. They are a little pricier than the other coolers but not by a whole lot. The Noctua D14 is $80+ and the best choice for air coolers. The new Phanteks is a little better but that thing is just simply massive and takes up half your motherboard. Thats not anything Id want. Ill be picking up an H100 myself in the next few weeks so I can get some better overclocking out of my 8150.

I vote for the H100. It is just about the best cooler on the market right now. They are a little pricier than the other coolers but not by a whole lot. The Noctua D14 is $80+ and the best choice for air coolers. The new Phanteks is a little better but that thing is just simply massive and takes up half your motherboard. Thats not anything Id want. Ill be picking up an H100 myself in the next few weeks so I can get some better overclocking out of my 8150.

Not even close. The noctua NH-D14, the phanteks cooler, and the silver arrow are all on par or better than the H100 and they are all cheaper and quieter. Even the NZXT Havik 140mm is just a couple of degrees weaker than the H100, but it is 55 dollars cheaper.

Not to mention that you can get the xspc 240mm rad water cooling kit for about 15 bucks more.

So you can either spend 20-30 less on a decent air cooler that performs the same, 55 bucks less on a cooler that is a couple of degrees weaker but can still overclock the chip to the same frequency as the h100, or spend 15 bucks more on a full water cooling loop that actually has a considerable performance gain on the H100.

Any way you slice it, the H100 is actually a waste of money when you compare it to other options.

I've got the Phantek TC14PE and it's phenomenal when it comes to cooling considering it's an air cooler. Like mentioned above, it HUGE. However, in my case, the motherboard ain't nothing pretty, and therefore the cooler is more aesthetic than my motherboard. You can't run from the results and the looks is a matter of taste. One thing though is that it was a little difficult to plug in the power for the fans, but it was solved quickly.