GTX670

Hi all,

I finally talked myself into getting an EVGA gtx670 FTW. (Ordered today)

I had planned to buy a AquaComputer AquagraFX GTX680 Waterblock.

It seemed a bit risky as even though the FTW has been touted as having a 680 PCB it wasn't guaranteed. So I reneged.

I would appreciate it if anybody can tell if this new waterblock can fit the 670FTW.

The company is going to bring out waterblocks for the 670 eventually.

Regards from C

• 2 months later...

Sorry to add to old post but this is important for all watercoolers.

My EVGA gtx 670 ftw CANNOT USE the Aquacomputer Aquagrfx 680 cooler because there is a cutout on the 680 cooler that wont fit over those 2 blocks as arrowed.

Big edit: Wrong! I dismantled my card and the pcb is reference. Sorry to all for misrepresentation.

Edited by Cespenar

I have 3x Heatkiller Nickel+black blocks on my 3x 670FTWs, and the PCB of mine looks like the top photo, so im not sure what is going on with that bottom card, but it has more power phases than a stock 680, so my guess is that it is a non-ref 680 instead

I have 3x Heatkiller Nickel+black blocks on my 3x 670FTWs, and the PCB of mine looks like the top photo, so im not sure what is going on with that bottom card, but it has more power phases than a stock 680, so my guess is that it is a non-ref 680 instead

Thanks for the mention Muchoman1,

Maybe the 680 and the 670FTW have been upgraded a bit. I bought my 670 about 2 months ago. So it is fairly new.

I have asked for help in the EVGA forum, but I might just have to wait till summer is almost over before I get lucky.

Regards from C ...................:google:

I have found an Aquacomputer Aquagrfx waterblock in Australia of all places. We are usually the last place for new stuff. The block is for 680 series 2 cards. All good.:cheers:

Big edit #2: Wrong info again. Sorry.

Edited by Cespenar

Important update ++++++++++++++++++++++

Aquacomputer have a series 2 block for the series 2 GTX680 and this fits the GTX670FTW.

I'm going to order one today.

Surprisingly when I googled, it was an Australian supplier that has one (if in stock). Aussie is usually the last to get something.

Thanks for the input guys.:thumbsup: Uh oh!:down: Incoming edit.

Edit: It is not an Australian company! It is the German company using the word Australia in the website. And OCCAU says it is about 40 Euros to ship to Aus. That is doubling the price. Dammit!

Big edit #3: It is A$68 to ship to Aussie.

Edited by Cespenar

Here is the required waterblock for a series 2 GTX680 and a GTX 670 FTW.

Not in Australia yet.

How bad can I get? Yes it can fit the 670 and the 680, but the 670FTW is a reference board.

Maybe the moderators should remove this whole thread.

Edited by Cespenar

http://www.pccasegea...oducts_id=21304

Here is the water block installed on all 3 of my 670 ftw,

http://www.pccasegea...oducts_id=20593

And here is that the backplate installed on all 3

Hey Muchoman, see the double PCB pic above? Did you notice if your 670FTW has the raised squares adjacent to the capacitors that stick through the hole?

If you hadn't noticed, could you please check for me, and if your FTWs have the raised squares, then I have a choice to get it.

Thanks from C.........:whistling:

Hey Muchoman, see the double PCB pic above? Did you notice if your 670FTW has the raised squares adjacent to the capacitors that stick through the hole?

If you hadn't noticed, could you please check for me, and if your FTWs have the raised squares, then I have a choice to get it.

Thanks from C.........:whistling:

no, my FTWs have the top PCB

The bottom pic is a non-reference card, as seen by the 6+8 pin power connector and extra power phases.

Any reference 680 block will fit the 670 FTW, as i have tested with my own cards