Complete LCS in a small case

HuLkY

Hi all, this is a friend of mine PC and we are planning to squeeze powerful hardware in a very small sized case, our choice for case will be

Fractal Design Arc Mini

The Specs to be cooled are :

1 - MoBo : Asus Maximus V Gene , Here , Since this model and the Z68 one share the same specs in this point.

2 - CPU : 2700K , Here , the goal is to work on 5GHz with the lowest Vlt and Temps.

3 - Dual EVGA GTX670 FTW + 2 * These 1 2 , also this one Here to connect the GPUs together.

Ok, the question is what pump can help me to put all of this in one loop? and if so, can i combine this pump with a resvoir combo like this one here "Since i am limited with the space".

and other question is what is/are the best Rad configuration for this loop? should i combine all in this new 120 Rad for the whole loop? if so, what Fans do u suggest for it?

and if it doesn't work, i consider going to a 140mm + 120mm slim rads, one on the top and one on the lower part vertically using the HDD Space, "I will handle the HDDs some how :D" , what are your suggestions?

for the fittings and tubing i am going for the 3/8G tubing size, other than this i think this liquid cooling system will be fine and amazing too, costing all like 750-800$, Thanks a lot in advance :) .

Edited by HuLkY

Use the arc midi instead it is only fractionally larger and much more friendly for water cooling in fact you could get push pull dual 240 xspc rx rads in it comfortably.

Thanks a lot for your comment, I want to put it in a Mini one to be small, plus if i would go to the Midi i would buy ATX mobo, i want the Gene as it is a small speed demon, how about the Monsta Rad i did use? will it be small for such loop?

Thanks a lot for your comment, I want to put it in a Mini one to be small, plus if i would go to the Midi i would buy ATX mobo, i want the Gene as it is a small speed demon, how about the Monsta Rad i did use? will it be small for such loop?

Yes, the monsta rad will not be enough for dual gpus plus a i7 at 5GHz, (which will probably not happen unless you get a golden chip)

I would go for the MIDI and the dual 240 rads stoner recommended, that will cool the system very well.

Another thing, why are you planning on watercooling the 670s? they are cool running cards and because voltage cannot be increased watercooling them will only slightly increase the clock level available

Another thing, why are you planning on watercooling the 670s? they are cool running cards and because voltage cannot be increased watercooling them will only slightly increase the clock level available

Why do people have this assumption? You can adjust the voltages somewhat, but the main thing is the boost clock. The GPU will scale the speed back as it gets hotter. My EVGA GTX 670 FTW starts scaling at around 70* with fan at 80%. With watercooling you can raise voltage and increase baseclock and power % more, then the boost clock will also scale higher and won't downclock to reduce temps.

Why do people have this assumption? You can adjust the voltages somewhat, but the main thing is the boost clock. The GPU will scale the speed back as it gets hotter. My EVGA GTX 670 FTW starts scaling at around 70* with fan at 80%. With watercooling you can raise voltage and increase baseclock and power % more, then the boost clock will also scale higher and won't downclock to reduce temps.

Yes, you do get some boost, but it becomes voltage limited long before temp limited which was not the case with previous gen cards.

I was simply saying that in OPs case, due to him trying to do a SFF pc, he might like to consider not watercooling the cards.

I am watercooling my 670s, but i have plenty of space to work with in my build

Yes, you do get some boost, but it becomes voltage limited long before temp limited which was not the case with previous gen cards.

I was simply saying that in OPs case, due to him trying to do a SFF pc, he might like to consider not watercooling the cards.

I am watercooling my 670s, but i have plenty of space to work with in my build

Did you even read my post or are you just repeating what you said before? You CAN adjust voltage. And the boost clock throttles down when my card hits 70* on stock clocks. Overclocking to 130% power, +50 core, +500 memory makes it go as high as 78-79*. Watercooling prevents the temps from reaching that high, which means the boost won't downclock to keep temps down.

Watercooling is better than air 95% of the time.

You know i wonder. There are there motherboards out there that would be alt better for sli then the rampage gene and i think a little bit of research will answer that question. Also i am curious, won't having a 2700k versus a 3770k limit the performance of the expansion lans due to not being able to run pci 3.0.. i sa Im my 3930 oc thread that sooner boy showed that there is a difference when running sli. If you are looking for a serious powerhouse and what you video cards to do there best. then I would go to for the 3930k or 3770k.

You know i wonder. There are there motherboards out there that would be alt better for sli then the rampage gene and i think a little bit of research will answer that question. Also i am curious, won't having a 2700k versus a 3770k limit the performance of the expansion lans due to not being able to run pci 3.0.. i sa Im my 3930 oc thread that sooner boy showed that there is a difference when running sli. If you are looking for a serious powerhouse and what you video cards to do there best. then I would go to for the 3930k or 3770k.

Concerning the GTX670,i saw threads where people could level up the Vlt, so LCS for them will be amazing i think, specially i saw people reached 1300MHz but hit the air cooling wall, so i think LCS will be much better.

I will go for the Mini with a twist since i can install in it Dual 120mm,dual loops, one for the CPU-Mobo and other onefor the GPUs, now the big question is...

- should igo for the 3700K and live with the HEAT thing :( "will intel release a better patch with better thermal solution"?

- should i go for the 2700K, sacrifice the PCI-E 3.0 Features but might reach a higher oc?

I can't go for the 390K - wish i could - cause of the $$$ :(

another thing, can u suggest me slim 140mm and 120mm Rads for the system? and about the pump/res combo i will go for something like this Here, i am now at work and when i am home i will make a list of the stuff i will get and see ur opinions about it

Note : This is my 1st post here and i couldn't be happier at all, Thanks for u all :)

look at xspc ex rads and a d5 pump. Go for only one loop dual loops doesn't really yeild any benifit whatsoever, it is just more expensive and more difficult to rout.

Still reckon you should go with the midi since it is what a finger width or two higher and only a few fingerwidths longer. However it allows you to use massive full size rads with low fpi sing low rpm fans for low temps and low noise while still being a very small case.

Go with ivy, the benifits of it a worth the heat and a slightly lower 24/7 clock.

Thanks a lot man, according to your recommend then i will make my list for a strong single loop "Hope it survives" , i will make the list and tell me your comments

CPU Block : XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Special Edition Copper = 120$

GPUs Block : HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ GTX 680 "Hole Edition" Reference Design Full Coverage Water Block + HEATKILLER® Geforce GTX 680 Reference Design GPU Backplate + Heatkiller GPU-X² / GPU-X³ X Dual Link Bridge Block - 1 Slot = 330$

Mobo Block : EK ASUS Max IV Gene Mosfet Cooling Block - Electroless Nickel Plated = 75$

Pump + Res : Bitspower Single D5 Pump and 150 Reservoir Combo , Here, chose "Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speeds" for Extra 15$ = 265$

Tubing : 2 * Tygon 2475 Ultra Chemical Resistant Tubing - 1/4" ID (3/8" OD) - Clear = 5$

Liquid : 2 * PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Liquid Cooling Fluid (32 oz.) - Invisible Blue = 40$

Rads : Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Dual 120mm Radiator - 80mm Thick + Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator = 150$

Fans : 4 * Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1850 RPM = 72$

Fittings : for the pump, i will use 90 degrees ones, i dunno how many i will use as 90 degrees ones or straight but i think it will be according to the Loop direction, i made a small mock - sorry if it is not THAT Good :( - and according to it i think i can judge how the fittings will act, Help me with it dudes :D

mock.jpg

Thanks a lot dudes :)