Sound card making noise

Tjj226_Angel

You have to switch it manually because it's designed to sound GREAT even at the expense of some auto-detect stuff you generally find on onboard sound. :)

All the white NEC boxes are mini-relays:

033.jpg

Do you use the Xonar Audio Center that is installed with the drivers? It's easy to switch between headphone and speaker modes.

049.jpg

It never installed with the drivers. That was part of the problem. I had to download it separately from a download link from some odd forum.

It never installed with the drivers. That was part of the problem. I had to download it separately from a download link from some odd forum.

The Audio Center is a part of the drivers. It should have installed automatically when you inserted the CD.

The Audio Center is a part of the drivers. It should have installed automatically when you inserted the CD.

At the same time though, the drivers were never installing correctly to begin with. One of two things would always happen, the driver would install in a single second and then restart my computer without asking me, and afterwards it would not show up in device manager. Or option two would be that it would show the loading bar being full and then it would just hang at 100 percent. There were only 2 installs that went the way they were supposed to, and the second one was the one that actually gave me sound at all.

Considering just how screwed up everything was I can only imagine that the sound controller was never installed except in that last download. :dunno:

Sorry you had such trouble with the drivers Tjj. I didn't have any trouble with my new Xonar DSX drivers. Installed fine for me. The only problem was the first time I installed it, it wasn't set as my default audio device so I had no sound, and couldn't figure it out for a while. After switching over to it in the Windows Control Panel audio options, Zero problems whatsoever. Of course the Xonar DSX isn't nearly as sophisticated and was just released a few months ago with a fresh driver. Glad its working for you now at least.

Sorry you had such trouble with the drivers Tjj. I didn't have any trouble with my new Xonar DSX drivers. Installed fine for me. The only problem was the first time I installed it, it wasn't set as my default audio device so I had no sound, and couldn't figure it out for a while. After switching over to it in the Windows Control Panel audio options, Zero problems whatsoever. Of course the Xonar DSX isn't nearly as sophisticated and was just released a few months ago with a fresh driver. Glad its working for you now at least.

Thanks man. It was a huge pain, but it was worth it. This card sounds great!!!! The only issue I currently have now is when I use foobar2000 along with a ASIO driver I get weird sound interference. But that is so trivial compared to the main issue I was having. that I would gladly screw around with foobar for a while before I ever have to experiment with drivers ;) .

Thanks for all of your help guys :cheers: