Just saw a good deal

RedFury77

This is the cheapest price per GB I've seen on a SSD yet,

Vertex 3 120gb for just $90 at TigerDirect : LINK

...and free shipping.

Shhh, dont let waco see this, he will pull some strings and this thread will mysteriously disappear...

That is a damn nice SSD price, good to see how much the pricing has changed from when they were first around (and even at the launch of this gen, i remember seeing the vertex 3 for $300-350)

Yeah, prices are dropping fast.

I think they are about to launch the gen 4 for the Vertex and Agility lines so these are getting deep discounts. (oh, gen 4 is already out at newegg)

Heck, I just bought an Agility 2 back in December for $2 per gig. It's just a small 40Gb for the OS, but I think I'll upgrade now.

Edited by RedFury77

Yeah, prices are dropping fast.

I think they are about to launch the gen 4 for the Vertex and Agility lines so these are getting deep discounts. (oh, gen 4 is already out at newegg)

Heck, I just bought an Agility 2 back in December for $2 per gig. It's just a small 40Gb for the OS, but I think I'll upgrade now.

I got my corsair force 3 SSD for 160 each for 120 gb drives, which was a great price in Australia at the time, still decent compared to a lot of drives here

DANGIT I want it so bad

Why did you show this to me

*sadface*

edit:

Dangit. Had to get the 2-year warranty and the 2-day shipping also. TITS.

:lol: I don't want to lose my ass that much. I'll match TigerDirect's price if anyone wants to buy mine up. No rebates needed and you're guaranteed they're at the newest firmware and in great shape. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Have to laugh, the last time Newegg had a price like this on a good SSD I decided to buy one. This was only 4 hours later and they were 'sold out'...Wow, needless to say I was pissed....So this time when the Vertex 3 came around for this super price I didn't hesitate and bought one. And it's perfect for a boot drive. I've got windows 7, office 10 and a few (big) games on it with 40_ gigs left over out of 120. So, I'm happy. The one I missed out on was a 128 gig vs the 120 I bought this time around. That 8 gig I'm not missing...lol... But of course I have another problem now. No, not with the vertex3, something else. Anyway, best thing I can say is watch Neweggs everyday ads (you've got to sign up for them, they come to your email address) and as soon as they run another deal, get one (or two). I know I'll get another and I already have 2...lol..They are just so fast you get spoiled and never want to use a HHD again...Oh, and it seems that almost every week they run a special on one, so you won't have to wait long. (Not to mention they also had a $10 rebate on Vertex3 120gig so it really only cost $70... Can't beat that!)