Overclock with my setup ?

I have a i7-3930 with a H100 Corsair cooler and a Asus Extreme IV. The motherboard comes with software that has presets in which I can over-clock to 4.2 Ghz (Stock 3.2) with the setup I have can I proceed with the over clock without any damage ? I'd like to push it to 4.5 but not sure !

I have a i7-3930 with a H100 Corsair cooler and a Asus Extreme IV. The motherboard comes with software that has presets in which I can over-clock to 4.2 Ghz (Stock 3.2) with the setup I have can I proceed with the over clock without any damage ? I'd like to push it to 4.5 but not sure !

Yes, but you just need to monitor the temps you are getting with the H100. Other then that just keep raising the multiplier and the voltage until you hit about 4.6ghz.

I obtained 4.70ghz with a prolimatech megahalems. If you cant do at least 4.50 with an h100 there there is something wrong with the setup. I have heard of this chip being hot. You are right it ia. 130w Tdp at stock and around 200 watts at 4.70ish so yes they can be hard to cool but the cycle out of heat really isn't that bad. For an h100 i expect that it should be able to take you up to 4.70 or better.

There then that Your going to have to read a guide for the processor to properly overlook it and understand what the voltages and powers do. Don't have one here yet but I you never know.

I can push this CPU with the H100 to 4.7 or 4.8 that is nearly 5 gigs I'll be a happy camper ! I don't know exactly where to begin the Asus Software only over clocked the to Turbo, I can post some pictures. I didn't buy the H100 to keep the cpu cool at stock, that is a waste of money :) Where do I begin to start the OC piece by piece until I reach 4 ghz ? My RAM is running at 1333 Mhz, even that can be over clocked to maximum 2133 Mhz if I can reach even close to that, I won't need to complain about speed for a awfully long time :)