Changing Resolution

Hi there, i would like to change my resolution from 1366x768 to something a little bigger such as 1920x1080, as it feels much better. But my taskbar, widgets and shortcuts dont all fit in :angry: Is there anyway i can change my resolution ? Not exactly to 1920x1080 but something close to it ? I have a Sharp Aquos 32" HDTV (no monitor as i dont have the space).

If you need anymore details/screen dumps then let me know :happy:

Thanks, Dario

I am using the HDMI input

Try the vga and see if it displays properly.

Otherwise you will need to piss fart around with the settings and see if there is anything for 1 to 1 pixel mapping.

Try the vga and see if it displays properly.

Otherwise you will need to piss fart around with the settings and see if there is anything for 1 to 1 pixel mapping.

Ok, thanks alot man :cheers:

There is also an option in the NVIDIA control panel for stretching the screen size. (not at my pc so don't recall the exact settings). Double check those to be sure its not ovetstretching the screen.

Well yeah, if your tv is 720 hd then its not going to show 1080 nomatter what you do. You'll make your pc work harder to render in 1080 but the tv is limited by its own native resolution.

The aquos LCDs from sharp come in 720p, 1080p and come in both led and ccfl back lit varieties for the 32" model. It is not only a 720p panel.

Since it was set at 1366x768 by default it is probably a 720p set.

Since it was set at 1366x768 by default it is probably a 720p set.

I didn't read anything about it defaulting to that res but rather the tv only properly displaying at that res higher res bumped the taskbar off screen etc.

This happens when I hook my laptop up to some 1080p screens. at 1080p the taskbar the navigation bar at the top of browsers and the edges of my screen are all pushed of screen. If i can go into settings and set 1 to 1 pixle mapping then it brings everything into whack otherwise it is live with it or decrease res because that sometimes works.

When I was house sitting and gaming off my laptop which has a native screen res of 1366x768 I noticed that i could see my taskbar on the 60" samsung plasma I was using. The moment I hit projector only and the screen readjusted itself to 1080p I lost the edges of everything.