Parts list

Jo33304

• Hello! Looking for input on list components for 1st time build.
  • intel BOXDZ77GA70K
  • I7 3770K ivy bridge
  • GTX 550TI
  • Capstone 750watt gold
  • OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3- 60 gig using for os win 7 and whatever else I can fit on there
  • Gskills ripjawS x series 16 gig
  • Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI 2 tb hdd
  • LG 22X GH22NS90B multi DVD burner
  • TL-WDN4800 wireles
  • All parts will be from new egg budget is 1,600 on parts which is where I am at right now with shipping n tax.
  • As far as gaming goes it is for my daughter more than myself,so we will see where her grades are in correspondence with a beefed up VGA .
  • Have a few D-T's so can always switch cards around.
  • The 60gig ssd will be used externally in a tray for easy removal.
  • I would like to thank ev1 for there inputs as all are appreciated.thumbsup3.gif

Edited by Jo33304

If you want it for gaming then I suggest you get a better video card. If you are going to use it ONLY for gaming then you can also go 8 gigs and a lower end CPU since you will see absolutely no difference.

Hello! Looking for input on list components for 1st time build.-Antec 1200V3-intel DZ77GA70K-I7 3770K ivy bridge-GTX 550TI-Capstone 750-Rosewill RCR-AK-IM5002-OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3- 60 gig-Gskills ripjawS x series 16 gig -Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI 2 tb hdd-LG 22X GH22NS90B-TL-WDN4800 Will be using for gaming,photo,video storage and editing. Thank you

Well that is hard to read :wacko:

• Go with a 650W PSU ...not 1200
  • If you're going with Ivy Bridge than buy aftermarket cooling solution ...whether you OC or not
  • No need for 16GB of RAM, go with 8GB
  • That video card is pathetic for gaming - if you give us a budget range we can help you pick the best one you can afford
  • I don't think you're going to need a 3770 for the usage you state
  • Why the 60GB SSD? Are you planning on using ISRT or is that all you can afford?
  • In your long string of text of no breaks I don't see a motherboard - go ASUS, Gigabyte or even AsRock

And please use the Return/Enter key on your keyboard.

• Like 1

I am just going to assume that this PC is for gaming and that your budget is 1300 bucks on parts alone.

Case: The NZXT phantom 410...$100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146086

Mobo: asus Z77 mobo.....$145 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

CPU: i53570K ....$250 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504

PSU: Corsair 750 watt professional ....$170 -15%= ~145 - $20 rebate= $125 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139016

Ram: Corsair vengance 8 GB 1600mhz 9-9-9-24.....$50 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

SSD: Mushkin chronos deluxe 120 GB SSD.... $130 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226318

HDD: Segate 2TB hard drive.... $140 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148834

DVD burner: Basic DVD burner ....$19 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136247

Finally the video card: Asus 7870....$350 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121624

This goes over your budget a bit, but it is a vastly better system for gaming then what you originally had.

1335905232[/url]' post='2022738']

Well that is hard to read :wacko:

• Go with a 650W PSU ...not 1200
  • If you're going with Ivy Bridge than buy aftermarket cooling solution ...whether you OC or not
  • No need for 16GB of RAM, go with 8GB
  • That video card is pathetic for gaming - if you give us a budget range we can help you pick the best one you can afford
  • I don't think you're going to need a 3770 for the usage you state
  • Why the 60GB SSD? Are you planning on using ISRT or is that all you can afford?
  • In your long string of text of no breaks I don't see a motherboard - go ASUS, Gigabyte or even AsRock

And please use the Return/Enter key on your keyboard.

Apologize about the grouping did not proof have 3 120 mm front fans! 2 120 mm rear fans 1 200 mm top fan and have been reading reviews of the CPU overheating.Was looking into cooling for CPU.

Apologize about the grouping did not proof have 3 120 mm front fans! 2 120 mm rear fans 1 200 mm top fan and have been reading reviews of the CPU overheating.Was looking into cooling for CPU.

That is only for high overclocks. Last I heard was 1.4 volts is the point at which the CPU stars becoming an inferno. However, people have been able to get the chip to 5ghz on air cooling. It really just depends on how lucky you get with YOUR particular chip.

No problem ...it was just hard to see where one part stoped and another began.

I haven't seen any non-review site temps for Ivy Bridge. Still waiting for some early adopters to post their results. Per the review sites it is looking like IB runs about 20C hotter than SB. Do you plan on overclocking your CPU? If you do plan on OCing than I would go with a more extreme cooling method, maybe even water cooling. If not you could get by on air (NH-D14) or with a self-contained water HSF (H80/H100) and just know your temps will still be a bit high compared to SB.

I would definitely pick a better quality PSU - such as Seasonic, Corsair, and PC & Power. There are some other good brands, I just look for those first.

I don't see your motherboard (intel DZ77GA70K-I7) on Newegg and Newegg pretty much carries them all. Where are you buying your parts from?

If you can afford a 120GB SSD, I would definitely go that route. If you can't, I would hold off on the SSD for now, use that money to beef up your video card and buy an SSD later on when funds allow.

What is your overall budget anyway? I definitely see a LOT of room to improve your current build so you will get more performance but nice to know what you have to work with.

See previous reply as those comments still apply ...minus the return key comment, thanks for editing your post :)

will be able to post more tomorrow unless someone else answers all your needs before then - off to training for the rest of the night

Edited by Fogel

All parts will be from new egg budget is 1,600 on parts which is where I am at right now with shipping n tax.

As far as gaming goes it is for my daughter more than myself,so we will see where her grades are in correspondence with a beefed up VGA . Have a few D-T's so can always switch cards around. The 60gig ssd will be used externally in a tray for easy removal.

Well I price your system at roughly $1350 ...if I assume you are going with the Antec Twelve Hundred case. I think a case is a personal choice so I will leave that be and work with that.

Your system as configured by you:

•intel BOXDZ77GA70K - $230

•I7 3770K ivy bridge - $350

•GTX 550TI - $135

•Rosewill Capstone 750watt - $110

•OCZ Solid 3 - $75

•Gskills ripjawS - $85

•Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI - $120

•TL-WDN4800 wireles - $45

•LG 22X GH22NS90B - $18

•Antec Twelve Hundred V3 - $175

I will explain the changes. We can do better for a motherboard, especially for that price. I wouldn't trust a Rosewill PSU. No gaming PC needs 16GB of RAM. Extra RAM does absolutely nothing for peformance if its not being used. A gaming PC can get by with 4GB, most people go with 8GB just for the simple reason it is only $20 more. Going with 16GB doubles that price difference and provides nothing in addition. The RAM I am recommending is mostly because the heat spreaders are low and will allow you to work with an air cooler if you decide to go that route. Since you are going with Ivy Bridge, I HIGHLY recommend a nice aftermarket cooler. If you decide to OC, I would go with the H80/H100. If you do not plan to OC, I would go with the non-K 3550 to save some money and just go with a nice air cooler. Speaking of which, I'm dropping your CPU down because your daughter won't see any benefit from the 3770k. At most, is like 1-3 fps ...for how much more it costs, definitely not worth it. Now where your extra money pays off BIG is in the video card department. Going cheap here isn't good. Think of it as the true engine of your car. The CPU isn't anywhere as crucial as it used to be. Unless your daughter is going to be rendering 3D animated projects, doing CAD work she will see very little benefit from a 3770k. So I'm shifting that money to the card.

Outside of the video card, everything else is free shipping - $1217 so far with highlighted prices. Not the cheapest 120GB, but speed/price ratio = awesome. Below are your other parts:

• TL-WDN4800 wireles - $45
  • LG 22X GH22NS90B - $23 (includes shipping cost)
  • Antec Twelve Hundred V3 - $175 (includes shipping cost)
  • Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI - $120

Total = $1580

(this total does not include MIR/gift cards)

Not sure what else you had budgeted in your build that I may be missing. You can drop to the Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD to save $45 and the HD 7850 video card to save $90. That would bring the total down to $1445. Your build also didn't include an after market heatsink which I think is very important for an Ivy Bridge build. Also I'm doubling up your SSD and making this system a real gaming machine with a good video card. Sorry but the GTX 550 is not a good card for a gaming machine.

Edited by Fogel

1336089128[/url]' post='2023152']

Well I price your system at roughly $1350 ...if I assume you are going with the Antec Twelve Hundred case. I think a case is a personal choice so I will leave that be and work with that.

Your system as configured by you:

•intel BOXDZ77GA70K - $230

•I7 3770K ivy bridge - $350

•GTX 550TI - $135

•Rosewill Capstone 750watt - $110

•OCZ Solid 3 - $75

•Gskills ripjawS - $85

•Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI - $120

•TL-WDN4800 wireles - $45

•LG 22X GH22NS90B - $18

•Antec Twelve Hundred V3 - $175

I will explain the changes. We can do better for a motherboard, especially for that price. I wouldn't trust a Rosewill PSU. No gaming PC needs 16GB of RAM. Extra RAM does absolutely nothing for peformance if its not being used. A gaming PC can get by with 4GB, most people go with 8GB just for the simple reason it is only $20 more. Going with 16GB doubles that price difference and provides nothing in addition. The RAM I am recommending is mostly because the heat spreaders are low and will allow you to work with an air cooler if you decide to go that route. Since you are going with Ivy Bridge, I HIGHLY recommend a nice aftermarket cooler. If you decide to OC, I would go with the H80/H100. If you do not plan to OC, I would go with the non-K 3550 to save some money and just go with a nice air cooler. Speaking of which, I'm dropping your CPU down because your daughter won't see any benefit from the 3770k. At most, is like 1-3 fps ...for how much more it costs, definitely not worth it. Now where your extra money pays off BIG is in the video card department. Going cheap here isn't good. Think of it as the true engine of your car. The CPU isn't anywhere as crucial as it used to be. Unless your daughter is going to be rendering 3D animated projects, doing CAD work she will see very little benefit from a 3770k. So I'm shifting that money to the card.

Outside of the video card, everything else is free shipping - $1217 so far with highlighted prices. Not the cheapest 120GB, but speed/price ratio = awesome. Below are your other parts:

• TL-WDN4800 wireles - $45
  • LG 22X GH22NS90B - $23 (includes shipping cost)
  • Antec Twelve Hundred V3 - $175 (includes shipping cost)
  • Samsung ecogreen F4 HD204UI - $120

Total = $1580

(this total does not include MIR/gift cards)

Not sure what else you had budgeted in your build that I may be missing. You can drop to the Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD to save $45 and the HD 7850 video card to save $90. That would bring the total down to $1445. Your build also didn't include an after market heatsink which I think is very important for an Ivy Bridge build. Also I'm doubling up your SSD and making this system a real gaming machine with a good video card. Sorry but the GTX 550 is not a good card for a gaming machine.

Thank you very much for your time and effort with this build it is highly appreciated as I am learning with countless hours of research.Sales tax is around $100.00 for the state at this price range.

Edited by Jo33304

Just remember the AMD 7870 is significantly better than the GTX570, but they are pretty much the same price, so you better really like the green team if you grab a GTX570.

Just remember the AMD 7870 is significantly better than the GTX570, but they are pretty much the same price, so you better really like the green team if you grab a GTX570.

It is better now ,yes but as I've learned from experience, drivers from nVidia will keep improving the card (much faster than radeon will,anyway). My GTX 470 is almost on par with a 5870 nowadays ; there's also physX which no matter what haters say, is still pretty sweet looking. The scene with catwoman fighting in that safe is amazing.

Edit: 7870 is at most 10% better. Numbers :

http://www.guru3d.com/article/msi-radeon-hd-7870-hawk-review/21

Edited by Rofltroll