If Im right, he is looking a heat sink to conduct the heat out of onboard chipset and onboard VGA

So that little silver thing on top of mobo is quite important for optimize heating solution

yes....it's important

but the fan blowing on the heatsink(directly), cooling the heatsink.... resulting in lower temps.

for a fraction of the price....and the temps would be lower than if he had all the fins and no fan....

yes....it's important

but the fan blowing on the heatsink(directly), cooling the heatsink.... resulting in lower temps.

for a fraction of the price....and the temps would be lower than if he had all the fins and no fan....

I agree, but at least get a heat sink to place under the fan lol

I dont think only placing a fan can take care the heat problem what I read from previous replies

I agree, but at least get a heat sink to place under the fan lol

I dont think only placing a fan can take care the heat problem what I read from previous replies

My NB was getting red HOT before...so I pointed a fan on it...it cut the temps in half!!

and what i've read is the OP HAS the heatsink but a couple fins are missing..so even with that if he places a fan on it he WILL get a BIG improvement :D

My NB was getting red HOT before...so I pointed a fan on it...it cut the temps in half!!

and what i've read is the OP HAS the heatsink but a couple fins are missing..so even with that if he places a fan on it he WILL get a BIG improvement :D

Isnt he talking about his girl friend's desktop?

I have the fan from a Thermalright NB1 I do have and I did try to fine a way to mount the NB1 before but none of the actual mounting hardware for any heatsinks I have worked with it.

victor_liu4508 is my skype ID

Hit me up and see if my heat sink can fit you

I have them from Gateway E4100 and E4300

take a small fan and either hot glue or super glue it to the heatsink... done it many times

I have a few thermaltake small fans and sinks... let me look and see if I got the clips for them... just be the price of shipping if I do