You actually don't need one of the exact same size, just close enough really.

You have the option, instead of using retention clips, to use thermal adhesive on the base of a fresh new heatsink. These heatsinks can be found from FrozenCPU or any other seller of chipset heatsinks.

To make life really simple, measure the length and width of the heatsink in question, find something close in side, doesn't need to be exact, and buy it with some thermal adhesive like the Arctic Silver Alumina. That stuff will essentially cement that new heatsink on top and you won't ever need to worry about retention clips :)

are you talking about somthing like this?

question though, why do you want to change it? is your chipset getting too hot or you just dont like the looks of it? (or is it broken?)

I have been eyeballing that heatsink for a while but still cannot find any data on the distance between the 2 hooks. On her heatsink it is exactly 2.75" which seems to not be a common distance for hook type chipset mounts.

Well, I had to modify her chipset heatsink by taking off a row and a half of fins to fit an older video card but now with a single-slot video card I would like to put a proper heatsink back on the chipset as even with the onboard video not in use the chipset does still run very warm to the touch and I'd like to do all I can to keep her machine alive as long as possible.

Sup buddy....

I believe that I have a heat sink that can fit your onboard VGA good enough?

So, how can I sell it to you?

I have been eyeballing that heatsink for a while but still cannot find any data on the distance between the 2 hooks. On her heatsink it is exactly 2.75" which seems to not be a common distance for hook type chipset mounts.

Well, I had to modify her chipset heatsink by taking off a row and a half of fins to fit an older video card but now with a single-slot video card I would like to put a proper heatsink back on the chipset as even with the onboard video not in use the chipset does still run very warm to the touch and I'd like to do all I can to keep her machine alive as long as possible.

what about a 80mm fan connected on top...my one works a treat ...on mine I get 65C on the hottest part of the heatsink w/o fan...and 32C max w/ fan

what about a 80mm fan connected on top...my one works a treat ...on mine I get 65C on the hottest part of the heatsink w/o fan...and 32C max w/ fan

If Im right, he is looking a heat sink to conduct the heat out of onboard chipset and onboard VGA

So that little silver thing on top of mobo is quite important for optimize heating solution