It's not blind...I know which PSU has has exactly. He's replacing it anyway so this whole rant of yours is pointless. :lol:

When you figure out how a 150 watt GPU can overload a 22 amp PSU please let me know. If you believe the manufacturer minimums I just don't know what to tell you. Do you really believe a 9800GT requires a 450 watt PSU?

I agree with this guy. I've seen those Delta 305W PSU's handle 8800GTX 640mb editions quite happily... hell I think the guy that put it together still runs it as his main rig to this day.

the manufacture minimums are ONLY in place because they know people will buy those 9.99 500 watt PSUs and call it could.... they shouldn't have to RMA cards due to people ignorance and stupidity to buy the cheapest (POS) PSU out there...

LOL and upgrade to a 8800GT on a Dell.:cheers: :cheers:

It's not blind...I know which PSU has has exactly. He's replacing it anyway so this whole rant of yours is pointless. :lol:

When you figure out how a 150 watt GPU can overload a 22 amp PSU please let me know. If you believe the manufacturer minimums I just don't know what to tell you. Do you really believe a 9800GT requires a 450 watt PSU?

Waco ur seriously trying way to hard. 150W GPU + 90 watt CPU = 240 watts. Add others periphs and your over 250W. That GPU is 22 amps x 12 volts = 264 watts. If you had any clue about PSU's, loading the PSU 98 to 100% leads to a short life and potentially a blown card. There is no guarantee and all bets are off. That PSU uses crap components and you know it. it may not even push 264 watts. I just cannot phantom a overclocking forum member recommending such crap. Some have used a 8800GT with this PSU and lived to see another day but many have not. Ask any PSU PHD and they will say your off your rocker( you just do not push a PSU with crap components to this threshhold). You do not have a very good trac\k record with hardware as mentioned and you would be the last person anybody should listen to especially on this subject. You just like to argue and your advise here is plain .... I ahve no words for it. You even think a PSU with 22 am rail pushes 305 watts. That is the funniest thing i think i have every heard you say.

Waco ur seriously trying way to hard. 150W GPU + 90 watt CPU = 240 watts. Add others periphs and your over 250W. That GPU is 22 amps x 12 volts = 264 watts. If you had any clue about PSU's, loading the PSU 98 to 100% leads to a short life and potentially a blown card. There is no guarantee and all bets are off. That PSU uses crap components and you know it. it may not even push 264 watts. I just cannot phantom a overclocking forum member recommending such crap. Some have used a 8800GT with this PSU and lived to see another day but many have not. Ask any PSU PHD and they will say your off your rocker( you just do not push a PSU with crap components to this threshhold). You do not have a very good trac\k record with hardware as mentioned and you would be the last person anybody should listen to especially on this subject. You just like to argue and your advise here is plain .... I ahve no words for it. You even think a PSU with 22 am rail pushes 305 watts. That is the funniest thing i think i have every heard you say.

You need to learn reading comprehension because I never said a single one of the things you're implying. That PSU is a good unit - IIRC it's made by Delta. Delta PSUs are rock-solid even when pushed to the limit...which he isn't going to be doing. Even if he was, it's going to be replaced with a new PSU in short order.

I said the CPU is MAXIMUM 89 watts. The GPU is MAXIMUM 150 watts. I never said the total was 150 watts and I never said that all of the 305 watts from the PSU come from the 12v rails.

As for my track record - I've had a single board fail from being pushed too hard. If you want to call that a terrible track record go ahead, but I'm sure many would disagree with you.

Your attitude and generally condescending posts are not helpful in any way. Can you please go troll somewhere else?

ANYWAY - back on topic AGAIN - I'd still go for the heatpipe cooler. The die itself is tiny under the heatspreader.

A good read for you would be cold boots and PSU's

Oh, you mean where the system doesn't pull anywhere near it's peak power? That kind of cold boot? :rolleyes:

I have a wattmeter on my machine. On boot it uses ~200 watts. Full load is well over 700 watts. Inrush current has essentially nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Sure, everything runs at full clocks on boot, but when the CPU and GPU aren't doing any real work it doesn't pull much power at all...

Here, try reading this: http://www.sitepoint.com/how-to-be-confident-without-being-arrogant/ :cheers:

Sorry for making your thread a mess WAR. :(

• 1 month later...

My cousin had a E521 way back and I remember we modded a Noctua to fit on that weird motherboard.

I'd suggest just using another E521 heatsink, it's very efficient.