How to create a wireless repeater?

pkilway

I have two routers;

Rosewill RNX-N4PS IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N 2.0 Router (2T3R) Up to 300Mbps Data Rates/ WPA/WPA2

and

ENCORE ENHWI-2AN3 Wireless Router With Repeater 802.11b/g/n up to 300Mbps

I have a fairly large house, with some areas getting poor signal strength and receiption. I thought I'd use both routers to create a better wireless home network. BUT I have NO idea how to do this.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!

Edited by pkilway

I found a tutorial on how to make your Rosewill router be the repeater. Just follow the tutorial and bridge it to your Encore routers WiFi network.

I'd imagine that at the top of page 5 when it says to enter your own security that you should actually match your Encore routers security. I suppose try one and if it doesn't work, try the other.

Tutorial Link

Your routers should have a bridge mode. If you set it to that, basically your telling it to get DHCP, DNS, etc from another device on the network.

Basically it turns one of your routers into just an Access Point.

Like was stated just set one of them to bridge mode, and match the SSIDs on both... You will need to wire your AP to the router.

Its not really a repeater. A repeater would actually take your signal and repeat it to the next site.

Most businesses and individuals don't use repeaters, its a better practice to just use another AP and cover the entire area...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

if you had two labtops with wifi integrated you could turn one into a repeater download connectify its free and easy to use i had it before

Free version can't function as a repeater but will work as a seperate network.