Whats the difference between these 2 cards?

Ok these are the 2 cards iam looking at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102950

and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161408

whichever i get iam going to crossfire it with a A8-3870k

soooo from my understanding

1. SAPPHIRE Ultimate 100326UL Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5

and it heres the specs:

Memory

Effective Memory Clock

1000MHz (4.0Gbps)

Memory Size

1GB

Memory Interface

128-bit

Memory Type

GDDR5

2. HIS iSilence 5 H667PNS1G Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3

and heres the specs:

Memory

Effective Memory Clock

1600MHz

Memory Size

1GB

Memory Interface

128-bit

Memory Type

DDR3

they are of the same GPU.. but different memory.. my APU is using DDR3 obviously... will it matter if i gotten a DDR5? or should i go with the DDR3 one? and which one has a better quality build?? i actually had 2 saphires go bad on me after some extreme Folding@home while overclocked... but idk if thats a good thing to judge by, because sapphire has been the ONLY brand i have used for ATI as well.

You realise the sapphire ultimate card and the his silence cards are intended as a low power low load htpc gfx cards.

You won't get much performance from this set up.

Edit: if you plan on folding I would say stick far far away from these cards and consider something else. What kind of performance do you want to do what?

Edited by Stonerboy779

GDDR5 => bandwidth for cards GPU to access the memory on the card and that counts for a lot, normally but you may actually equal out in this case as the GDDR5 is a lot slower than DDR3 on the his card 1000mhz vs. 1600mhz. The HIS will run quiet compared to sapphire but HIS from my experience is not much better quality than sapphire, and in a silent form I would weary of the HIS card. If you have the option the xfx version of the card would probably be a good choice. The XFX version does have a fan as opposed to the 2 you posted but if that does not matter I would xfx it is less expensive and has a lifetime warranty.

You realise the sapphire ultimate card and the his silence cards are intended as a low power low load htpc gfx cards.

You won't get much performance from this set up.

Edit: if you plan on folding I would say stick far far away from these cards and consider something else. What kind of performance do you want to do what?

Hey Stoner,

He is going to CF the graphics with the GPU on the 3870 APU, so he is limited in the cards he can do that with. i believe that the 6670 is the fastest card compatible.

post-73619-0-88103400-1334385764_thumb.png

Get the card with the GDDR5

Hey Stoner,

He is going to CF the graphics with the GPU on the 3870 APU, so he is limited in the cards he can do that with. i believe that the 6670 is the fastest card compatible.

:pfp:

Not switched on today damn cold....

In that case guess the 6670 is you best budget-wise option however I stand by saying these are fanless cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121442

You can get this Asus card cheaper and you will get dirt 3 with it for free.

GDDR5 => bandwidth for cards GPU to access the memory on the card and that counts for a lot, normally but you may actually equal out in this case as the GDDR5 is a lot slower than DDR3 on the his card 1000mhz vs. 1600mhz. The HIS will run quiet compared to sapphire but HIS from my experience is not much better quality than sapphire, and in a silent form I would weary of the HIS card. If you have the option the xfx version of the card would probably be a good choice. The XFX version does have a fan as opposed to the 2 you posted but if that does not matter I would xfx it is less expensive and has a lifetime warranty.

spectre,

the effective rate is mislabeled on the newegg add. the DDR5 is 4000MHz vs the 1600MHz of the DDR3post-73619-0-61572100-1334387504_thumb.png

@ Stoner, I agree about the fan-less, I hate'em, but can you believe this?

http://www.tweaktown...ew/index14.html

Hey I believe it and actually love the sapphire ULTIMATE series hence why I want to in the nearish future run crossfire 7770 ULTIMATE cards (yes it goes against everthing I am saying :lol:) I will not fold on them tho that is begging for trouble imo game on them sure and just watch it if I game for hours but never fold on fanless.

The op in his post mentioned dead cards from folding so why tempt fate with fanless cards?

Hey I believe it and actually love the sapphire ULTIMATE series hence why I want to in the nearish future run crossfire 7770 ULTIMATE cards (yes it goes against everthing I am saying :lol:) I will not fold on them tho that is begging for trouble imo game on them sure and just watch it if I game for hours but never fold on fanless.

The op in his post mentioned dead cards from folding so why tempt fate with fanless cards?

I guess your right....folding no!, maybe a little S.E.T.I. though :whistling::lol:

yeah I kinda wanted a fanless, the case I have it in is a Lian Li mini ITX, and I kinda wanted it as silent as possible, because it will be dual purposed as a HTPC, Luckly i can still fit really large cards in it still.. Lian Li really makes a great product.

Hey Stoner,

:pfp:

Not switched on today damn cold....

In that case guess the 6670 is you best budget-wise option however I stand by saying these are fanless cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121442

You can get this Asus card cheaper and you will get dirt 3 with it for free.

Yeah its understandable that this post can be a bit confusing, because theres so many combinations to which APU and which videocard cards crossfire well with each other, but yeah, in research and from ATI's current listings, the Radeon 6670 is recommended for the highest crossfire configuration for the Radeon HD 6550 D, and this will turn into what AMD calls the "Radeon HD 6690 D2" or some crap like that..

spectre,

the effective rate is mislabeled on the newegg add. the DDR5 is 4000MHz vs the 1600MHz of the DDR3post-73619-0-61572100-1334387504_thumb.png

ok so this confirms it, iam getting the sapphire for sure right? haha its funny.. this will be my 3rd Sapphire ATI card.. i really hope 3rd times a charm.. because I hate rebuying videocards because of failures.

yeah.. i had 2 radeosn which died from doing this.. they didn't die exactly.. but they became completely unstable and one of them started artifacting all the time.. and this is with a side fan blowing on them still!! so in my opinion.. yeah they died.. and yes i ended up trashing them because they were so unreliable.. i ended up throwing a regular Nvidia videocard in that pc (which is not compatiable with folding) and now that PC is folding again.. using the CPU of course

I haven't folded for Overclockersclub in a LONG TMIE... but i feel like this place is the roots of my overclocking and PC building background.. so iam returning!!!! but where the heck did my little double helix DNA icon go from my name? it dissapeared?!! How did you get yours tehre Stonerboy779? that little DNA icon at your name? I already folded a few its not showing up =(

Edited by Sanosuke_Sagara

To be honest I'd probably get a 7 series card and forget the Hybrid Crossfire setup with the APU. A single 7750 would be a lot faster than what you're looking at and there are a few fanless versions too. I have the Sapphire 7750 Ultimate in my HTPC and it is absolutely awesome.