i7 2600K on ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z OC Issue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also windows reports that my computer has 8Gb of RAM but only 7.42Gb usable is it because I need to enable Memory Remap?

And my Corsair Force GT that is supposed to have Read Speed of 555MB/s on Sata3 header is showing only 295MB/s (Sata2 speed) even though it is connected to a Sata3 port. Any Idea?

Edit : RAM Problem solved I really had to enable the memory Remap and now it is full usable.

Edited by Erosannin

Alright so for my SSD Problem I made a Test With Crystal Disk and the Seq read is 470MB/s (still 85MB/s lower than advertised) and Write 96MB/s (still 400MB/S slower than advertised).

The SSD is plugged into a Sata3 port with a Sata3 cable, controler has been set for AHCI but I don't know if I should disable the S.M.A.R.T.

I also have to report that this SSD is my OS drive but I previously had 2 x Kingston SSD Now V100 in RAID 0 (475MB/s Read and I forgot what are the numbers in write) the Corsair Force GT 60GB Sata3 was supposed to be faster that my 2 Sata2 SSD I had (I still have them though).

Like the title of the thread says I am running it on an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z so if you have any idea I am opened to try anything guys.

Alright so for my SSD Problem I made a Test With Crystal Disk and the Seq read is 470MB/s (still 85MB/s lower than advertised) and Write 96MB/s (still 400MB/S slower than advertised).

The SSD is plugged into a Sata3 port with a Sata3 cable, controler has been set for AHCI but I don't know if I should disable the S.M.A.R.T.

I also have to report that this SSD is my OS drive but I previously had 2 x Kingston SSD Now V100 in RAID 0 (475MB/s Read and I forgot what are the numbers in write) the Corsair Force GT 60GB Sata3 was supposed to be faster that my 2 Sata2 SSD I had (I still have them though).

Like the title of the thread says I am running it on an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z so if you have any idea I am opened to try anything guys.

Make sure your in the intel controller port and usually it is sata 0.

I am in the Intel Sata3 controler port 0 so it's the correct port with the correct cable. I'm gonna test the SSD tonight with ATTODisk Benchmark with which Corsair reached those astounding numbers. I can still cope with 470MB/s in READ but 96MB/s in write when it is supposed to be 495MB/s I am so not coping with this.

Totally unacceptable!!!

Here ya go Ero, this is my 24/7 5GHz @ 1.45V. I have benched at 5.48GHz with a much more aggressive BIOS setting tweak, but this is a good start. Good Luck with the OC :thumbsup:

- Disclaimer - This does not however mean that your chip can do this, as luck of the draw with chips and cooling are the biggest deciding factors! But, you can see I have made some BIOS changes that may help you with OCing on this mobo.

Pretty standard OC changes here..

50145v1st.png

and here, with 1.45V CPU Manual Voltage...

50145v2nd.png

But, most of these tweaks are possibly new to you? Click the > Digi+ VRM/POWER Control menu...

50145v3rd.png

Then the voltage is adjusted with the only other setting changed being VCCSA/IO Voltage

50145v4th.png

By the way boys. My SSD problem is solved. I used the Disk Benchmark tool that Corsair are using to certify their SSDs and it gave me the reported speeds. ATTO Disk Benchmark.

I now understand why the others completed so fast, I think they had some difficulties with Sandforce.

Damn from 4.9Ghz @ 1.45VCore to 5Ghz @ 1.55VCore?

not yet, I'll buy my water loop and AFTER I might try it

XSPC RASA 750 RS240 + Ice Dragon nanofluid + Maingear T-1000 TIM

That is gonna cool enough and I might even had a Peltier to this but I have to figure out how I will provide power to this.