My Wishlist

ravix

Up until now I have never had the money to spare on a soundcard, there were always things I felt were more important, and I could never justify the cost. But, I've decided to buckle down and order one, and some new speakers to boot. :)

Right now I have some crappy 4.1 wal-mart speakers and horrible onboard sound. It plays music okay, but it always sounds very bland, and doesn't have ANY crispness to it. Also, I've never noticed good sound in games. What I have now is definately sub-par.

Here is my newegg wishlist, I am hoping to buy it tommorrow. Can you guys tell me if its a good setup?

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishList.asp?...=VIEW&ID=612474

Edited by ravix

looks pretty good to me

i had as Audigy LS sound card and I was well pleased with it, but, it made my overall gaming performance go WAY down because I was running a system with a 100Mhz system bus, the on-board sound was actually much faster, although it didn't sound as good

i actually sold the card and went back to onboard sound because it was too slow to play games

something to think about, do you think your system can handle the extra traffic on the PCI bus without affecting overall system performance?

Right now I only have a 2000+ at stock speeds. I have 512mb of pc2100 @ 133. Is that enough?

I always thought the point of a soundcard was to take away some stress from your cpu, and create nicer sound. I plan on upgradeing to a 2500+/pc3200/new mobo in a couple months, but I'd be pretty dissapointed if my computer ran very slow until then.

Edited by ravix

ya i got the same speakers and they are great for the price and they can get very load. I also have the soundstorm nforce audio and it is good too. If u are going to get a new mobo then just get one with the onboard soundstorm because it is all you need for those speakers.

Right now I only have a 2000+ at stock speeds. I have 512mb of pc2100 @ 133. Is that enough?

I always thought the point of a soundcard was to take away some stress from your cpu, and create nicer sound. I plan on upgradeing to a 2500+/pc3200/new mobo in a couple months, but I'd be pretty dissapointed if my computer ran very slow until then.

honestly, i dont know what is okay and what is not, but that is a much faster system than the one i put the LS card in

i thought the same thing, that it would free up the CPU, and maybe it did, but it added to the bus traffic I guess, and that was an old socket 370 celeron running on a 100Mhz bus speed

i havent had a chance to get another sound card since i upgraded everything, but i bet you'd be okay with that system

yeah you should be fine to run that audigy2. my friend runs an audigy2 on his p4 1.6 and it runs good.

really nice sound quality. very crisp. as soon as you get the card installed, install the drivers off the cd then go to their website and download the new eax 4.0 drivers.. they make it sound so good.