Dishonored

DanTheGamer11

Video cards they list, but the RAM is different. Still, the two cards they list don't even go that low in RAM for the minimum, and the 5850 for the recommend.

Yea just found it odd that the recommended and minimum GPUs are the same You would think those would definitely be different.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea just found it odd that the recommended and minimum GPUs are the same You would think those would definitely be different.

I agree. If it was something like GTX 560 and HD 6870 for the recommend, then that would make a little more sense.

Everyone should have 4GB of RAM.

Plus it requires Windows Vista or W7, so anyone on XP will need to upgrade at last.

Video cards they list, but the RAM is different. Still, the two cards they list don't even go that low in RAM for the minimum, and the 5850 for the recommend.

It's not the first game to require W7/VistCrap. It is the first game to require 4GB of RAM, which is the whole point of the article. I don't think you can point to any game right now that uses up 4GB of RAM in single monitor usage. And let's face it, minimum requirements is usually low to medium settings.

The GTX 460 did have a 768MB version. As far as 512MB its probably a typo or they got the card confused with the HD 5750. While the GTX 460 is old in comparison to what most people here run, most people in general don't have a card as good as the GTX 460. So these are some pretty rough requirements that pretty much only enthusiasts or recent PC purchases will be able to meet.

The other thing to notice is the recommended specs point out Quad Core which means the game will be optimized for more cores, which granted many more are starting to do but it is still surprising how many games are not. Though I'm curious if the optimization continues past 4 cores. Wonder if virtual cores will finally make a difference in the gaming arena.

It's not the first game to require W7/VistCrap. It is the first game to require 4GB of RAM, which is the whole point of the article. I don't think you can point to any game right now that uses up 4GB of RAM in single monitor usage. And let's face it, minimum requirements is usually low to medium settings.

The GTX 460 did have a 768MB version. As far as 512MB its probably a typo or they got the card confused with the HD 5750. While the GTX 460 is old in comparison to what most people here run, most people in general don't have a card as good as the GTX 460. So these are some pretty rough requirements that pretty much only enthusiasts or recent PC purchases will be able to meet.

The other thing to notice is the recommended specs point out Quad Core which means the game will be optimized for more cores, which granted many more are starting to do but it is still surprising how many games are not. Though I'm curious if the optimization continues past 4 cores. Wonder if virtual cores will finally make a difference in the gaming arena.

You seem to be attacking me for what reason I cannot fathom.

I never said the 460 went to 768MB, I said it never went to 512MB.

Dishonored is not the first game to require 4GB either, there was MechWarrior Online that requires it as a minimum.

You seem to be attacking me for what reason I cannot fathom.

Not attacking you at all. I suppose I can see why you might think I'm calling you out but I would just chalk that up to text being impersonal. You glanced over the requirements thinking they weren't a big deal and I think they're pretty significant. Many PC gamers hate console games because games don't stress their enthusiast rig so I thought the requirements to this game were worth discussing. Not attacking, just discussing. :)

Debate aside, I'm really looking for to this game. I love the developer's attitude in their design direction. I love how the PC version is not being held back. I love the open decisions on how to approach each one differently. My PC has been collecting dust for the last few months so looking forward to put it to work ...and it is looking like it will get a workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WuQvl2qp80

Edited by Fogel

Not attacking you at all. I suppose I can see why you might think I'm calling you out but I would just chalk that up to text being impersonal. You glanced over the requirements thinking they weren't a big deal and I think they're pretty significant. Many PC gamers hate console games because games don't stress their enthusiast rig so I thought the requirements to this game were worth discussing. Not attacking, just discussing. :)

Debate aside, I'm really looking for to this game. I love the developer's attitude in their design direction. I love how the PC version is not being held back. I love the open decisions on how to approach each one differently. My PC has been collecting dust for the last few months so looking forward to put it to work ...and it is looking like it will get a workout.

That should answer any questions you have. :P

Also, Escape Methods are shown and an impressive voice cast is set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFLCmehPss

Ya I was surprised that video didn't have the footage they talked about in one of their earlier videos where a developer was talking about how a tester jumped off of a tall building to escape the guards and before hitting the ground and splatting, he possessed a rat running on the ground then scurried off between some guard's feet. Sounded epic. :lol:

Ya I was surprised that video didn't have the footage they talked about in one of their earlier videos where a developer was talking about how a tester jumped off of a tall building to escape the guards and before hitting the ground and splatting, he possessed a rat running on the ground then scurried off between some guard's feet. Sounded epic. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, for sure. We'll just have to attempt that in the game, haha. Maybe with a quick save right before.

• 2 weeks later...