Extra fan for Hyper 212 EVO

I want to get an extra fan to supplement the existing stock fan but I don't know if I actually need one. Still, I'm looking for a fan that has a noise level of 25dba or less at its lowest setting and 82.9 CFM or higher at its highest setting. My overall usage will be applications on a overclocked and (possibly) unlocked system in an Antec 300 Illusion case with stock fans.

Here are a couple fans I'm looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200021

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106153

Are any of them good and do I use them as push or pull?

I've decided to buy the CM blademasters. It is PWM and has same RPM ratio (600-2000) as the stock EVO fan and higher max static air pressure for EVO cooling (3.90 mmH2O) yet slightly lower CFM @ slightly higher dBA for less than $10.

Now, I have a 120mm Tricool exhaust case fan that is around 60-92mm away from the EVO and i also have a 140mm exhaust fan on top of the case above the CPU. I want to know if it is better to:

1. simply replace the stock EVO fan with the blademaster fan as push and allow the air to flow out of the case through the exhaust fan.

Or

2. Pair the blademaster (as push) with the EVO stock fan (as pull) only if there would be a temp improvement as opposed to using only one fan as push.

OR

3. if 2 is better then buy two blademasters to push/pull the EVO.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Stealth3si

I suggest option 1.

I have the Hyper 212 Plus (not EVO), i just bought the CM blade Master. I have the stock fan as the push, and blade master as the pull: Both on a PWM splitter. Works fine for me. I don't know if they different CFM, but if they do I'd suggest putting the one with the higher CFM as the pull- to get that hot air towards the exhaust fan and out of the case.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

And as far as I know, the blade master is the same as my OEM fan. And I'm pretty sure it's the same as yours' except for being opaque black. Except that in this case, you get 4 larger rubber insulators. It's nice because you can use them on one of your existing case fans, and use the ones that came with your heatsink on the blade master.

Hmm aparently cooler master dont make the fan's I got on a couple of my cases.. they where blue led fans that came with speed control (either thermal sensor or knob.. they are extreemly quite (less then 20db) at low speed and when ramped up can push a lot of air..

I suggest option 1.

I have the Hyper 212 Plus (not EVO), i just bought the CM blade Master. I have the stock fan as the push, and blade master as the pull: Both on a PWM splitter. Works fine for me. I don't know if they different CFM, but if they do I'd suggest putting the one with the higher CFM as the pull- to get that hot air towards the exhaust fan and out of the case.

Too late, I sold my stock EVO fan and bought a pair of Blademasters along with a PWM splitter from OKgear. It has four pins on each female connector. What is your PWM splitter? I'm using two Blademasters so do I need to remove pin 3?

And I recently learned from CM tech support that the BM fans have higher air pressure (better for thick HS/rad cooling) than the stock EVO fan. :thumbsup:

Edited by Stealth3si

Too late, I sold my stock EVO fan and bought a pair of Blademasters along with a PWM splitter from OKgear. It has four pins on each female connector. What is your PWM splitter? I'm using two Blademasters so do I need to remove pin 3?

And I recently learned from CM tech support that the BM fans have higher air pressure (better for thick HS/rad cooling) than the stock EVO fan. :thumbsup:

I got this one: Already has the second monitoring pin removed. I don't see a length in the details, but I believe it's about a foot long, I had to tuck mine behind the motherboard because it's so long. So leaves room for compatibility:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812718001

And yes, you (probably) should remove one of the pin 3's. Because that pin simply monitors your RPMs I believe, and 2 feedbacks at the same time would cause issues I assume. I don't know a whole ton about this, but from looking it up myself I saw only bad things about having two 4 pin PWMs on one cable.

Just use the image in that newegg listing to figure out which pin to remove if you need to (ON THE PWM CABLE YOU HAVE NOW!!- the one I listed doesn't need this done, it comes the way it should be). Seems to be the middle pin nearest the "open side" of the latch on that cable.

--EDIT: I said option 1 in that previous post.. I meant option 2. I hope you noticed what I meant by my post content.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

I got this one: Already has the second monitoring pin removed. I don't see a length in the details, but I believe it's about a foot long, I had to tuck mine behind the motherboard because it's so long. So leaves room for compatibility:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812718001

And yes, you (probably) should remove one of the pin 3's. Because that pin simply monitors your RPMs I believe, and 2 feedbacks at the same time would cause issues I assume. I don't know a whole ton about this, but from looking it up myself I saw only bad things about having two 4 pin PWMs on one cable.

Just use the image in that newegg listing to figure out which pin to remove if you need to (ON THE PWM CABLE YOU HAVE NOW!!- the one I listed doesn't need this done, it comes the way it should be). Seems to be the middle pin nearest the "open side" of the latch on that cable.

--EDIT: I said option 1 in that previous post.. I meant option 2. I hope you noticed what I meant by my post content.

hmm that's what i woudl assume as well because of two different rpm readings. I'm pretty sure that removal of pin 3 is required if at least both fans have different rpm rates. however with two same fans i'm curisou to know if that is even requjired. you knwo what i'm sayhing?