1st manual voltage attempt

So I finally messed with the voltage. Currently folding @ 3.485 MHz with Vcore 1.4375

It's been folding for 6 hours and Tmax 33C

As it was running at 55C pre cleaning, I'm happy :)

I know many of you had or still have this chip and I'm wondering how high is safe. I can watch temps obviously but what else should I be looking at? I am VERY conservative as this is my only CPU and I don't want to buy a new one just yet. :foldon:

post-67055-0-61697800-1330989298_thumb.png

Can't you lower the voltage a bit, to around 1.38v? Or 1.4v? :P

There isn't a fixed max voltage. I know that to the X2 the "max" by AMD is 1.42v, and its about the same for the X3. The X4, there is a few of them. Some are 1.45v, others are 1.42v I think and others are 1.5v for example.

However, I have read in some places that the Phenom II can do 1.55v without disintegration.

Can't you lower the voltage a bit, to around 1.38v? Or 1.4v? :P

There isn't a fixed max voltage. I know that to the X2 the "max" by AMD is 1.42v, and its about the same for the X3. The X4, there is a few of them. Some are 1.45v, others are 1.42v I think and others are 1.5v for example.

However, I have read in some places that the Phenom II can do 1.55v without disintegration.

I started at 1.4 because that is ~ default. I got a BSOD, so I upped it to 1.4125 and 1 core shut down after about 15 minutes of folding.

I settled on 1.4375 and all is well so far!

Thanks