Regarding Cooler Master's CPU Cooler

NiMx1233

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a LGA1155 air CPU cooler. I've set my eyes upon CM GeminII S524, which seems good considering it can cool the MB too. I'd like to know your opinions and feel free to give suggestions(preferably CM's since it's easily available here in Malaysia) that don't cost more than RM200 (<70USD).Thanks.

Don't know the model?

If you are remembering right you won't be able to fit a 212 in your case.

Also can you link a site/s that you can purchase from? If not then the Gemini looks to be your cooler.

Sadly, my casing is a cheap one, made by an unknown company, I'll give you the exact measurements on a later time. Thanks.

I have a noctua nh-d14 cooling an oc'd i7-980x @ 4.26ghz

With prime fully stressing the cpu it does not break the 70C mark depending on ambient it runs between 65-68 fully stressed and oc'd

It's the best cooler I've ever used but it is massive.

I have a noctua nh-d14 cooling an oc'd i7-980x @ 4.26ghz

With prime fully stressing the cpu it does not break the 70C mark depending on ambient it runs between 65-68 fully stressed and oc'd

It's the best cooler I've ever used but it is massive.

Which remind me needs how much space?? It's never going to fit in a 160mm wide case.

Go with the Hyper 212 Evo or maybe the V6GT

If you want low profile coolers (like the Gemini), the NH-C14 should fit since it's form factor is almost the same with Gemini SF524. Plus you have 3 options, install 1x140 below the heatsink for low profile, install 1x140 on top of the heatsink for maximum ram clearance, or install 2x140 on top and bottom for maximum performance. But it cost $86 + shipping :glare:

Or Maybe the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B (Might need to check for ram clearance)

Edited by vandreadstriker