Watercooling question

Laststop

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of overclock are you looking to get?

For the 2500k, probably not. The reason being, once you hit a certain multi you won't be able to go any, regardless of the voltages.

I'm not trying to break any records 4.4-4.6ghz id be happy I figured buying a chipset block would be a waste especially since mostly all other heat removed from case the chipset should cool fine

Edited by Laststop

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14189/cst-1229/Custom_Cooler_Master_HAF-X_Full_Tower_Liquid_Cooled_Case_-_Push_Pull_Edition_XSPC_Rasa_RS360_Installed.html?tl=g45c2s35&id=U9MviC8U

I just came across this. It uses 2x 200mm fans on top than 360 rad than 3x 120mm fans below. 230mm fan in front 200mm fan on side 140mm fan in rear. and comes with cpu block pump reservoir tubing etc. basically fully set up liquid cooling machine for 450

Seems pretty convenient pretty much the entire cooling system set up just would have to attach the 2 gpu's into the loop.

Is 450 for a case set up like this a fair price? Considering I've never done liquid cooling before how much extra is it costing me to buy the tower pre set up for liquid cooling vs me installing this set up myself?

That would be fine as well, as for price difference, I don't know that off hand. (Posting from my phone)

You can buy all of those parts, including the case, separately though. Just tally how much everything would cost on its own, then you'll know the difference. :)

well i guess ill post my research here then

XSPC X2O 750 12V Pump/Reservoir 750lph + rs360 radiator cooling kit + rasa acetal cpu block + backplates - $150

Haf-x case - $200

Tubing, fittings, 3x noiseblocker fans 120mm -$50

So they are basically over charging $50 dollars or so. I guess thats worth it to me since its all pre installed plug, fill n play

I am building a mini itx for my own computer.

My brother wants a liquid cooled beast and im the computer savvy person of the family so he wants my opinion but i dont know much about water cooling

Is 750 lph pump enough for cpu + 2 gpu?

Edited by Laststop

well i guess ill post my research here then

XSPC X2O 750 12V Pump/Reservoir 750lph + rs360 radiator cooling kit + rasa acetal cpu block + backplates - $150

Haf-x case - $200

Tubing, fittings, 3x noiseblocker fans 120mm -$50

So they are basically over charging $50 dollars or so. I guess thats worth it to me since its all pre installed plug, fill n play

That's not that bad.

As stoner said the xspc pump isn't all that great, but what your looking for it should be fine.