My First attempt.

Richard89

See the 7xxx sires graphics cards haven't fully been released. So far the 7970 and the 7950 are the only two cards on the market.

However, I would advise against going with a dual card solution right out of the gate. Corssfire is meant to add performance to your PC when games get to be too much of a strain on your current GPU. Usually, the best thing to do would be to get one card, and the best card you can afford, and then later on down the road you corssfire when the card is cheaper. You will end up having a higher performing system that way. So in your situation, I would look at getting the 7950 or if you truly mean that money isn't an issue, I would look at maybe squeezing in a 7970.

For all for you who are going to pick on what I said, let me end the comments here and now. Take not that I said he SHOULD go with a single card for now and crossfire down the road. I do agree that corssfire and SLI are wonderful things, but it would be wiser to spread that out considering that a single 7950 should be good for any modern game at high settings.

thats Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB Graphics Video Card for £353.99 for 1 card

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so other than the graphics cards all my devices are fine could you recommend a good graphics card thats future proff and i was told my motherboard that ive picked is able to use the upcomming graphics cards.

as this is the first time am building my own machine am sorrying with all the daft questions i just want to make sure everythings going to be top notch.

That's no problem mate, actually thinking about it you will be size limited by your case with the graphics card as I believe the max you will be able to fit in is 10.5", so a 7950 will not fit. It would help a lot to know what resolution the monitor you're going to be using has, then I could recommend you a gpu.

That's no problem mate, actually thinking about it you will be size limited by your case with the graphics card as I believe the max you will be able to fit in is 10.5", so a 7950 will not fit. It would help a lot to know what resolution the monitor you're going to be using has, then I could recommend you a gpu.

now here comes the biggest joke off them all am going to be running it on my samsungs 3D 51inch television.

AMD's 3D isn't that common in monitors never mind TV's... If you want to use 3D you'll probably need an nVidia card unless I'm missing something.... maybe he can use a 7870 if it's shorted but that's a month or so away...

would going with my beginning choice be good for now till lets say july time when these new boards have had more time to come out and be improved on ?

Well if you can resist gaming you can use the onboard igp, but the 5670 would be a good back up card, would you certainly upgrade to better(more expensive) or upgrade to a 6870/560 in crossfire/sli? Owen what is the pricing scheme for Ivy Bridge? I suggest using different stores... the ones in the first link seem OP... 5670 is weaker than the 560... 560 can pretty much run all games at max with descent FPS while a 5670 is more of a HTPC card and will stuggle at higher settings and res. Maybe a different brand if warranty is big? For ten pounds more you can get Arkham City and 3 years warranty with an ASUS.

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Well if you can resist gaming you can use the onboard igp, but the 5670 would be a good back up card, would you certainly upgrade to better(more expensive) or upgrade to a 6870/560 in crossfire/sli? Owen what is the pricing scheme for Ivy Bridge? I suggest using different stores... the ones in the first link seem OP... 5670 is weaker than the 560... 560 can pretty much run all games at max with descent FPS while a 5670 is more of a HTPC card and will stuggle at higher settings and res.

so i wouldnt mind something in the price range of what am paying for 2 cards for now for high end gameing for good fps and good graphics on game on a 3d 51 inch television even if i have to buy 1 card now and 1 later on.

so i wouldnt mind something in the price range of what am paying for 2 cards for now for high end gameing for good fps and good graphics on game on a 3d 51 inch television even if i have to buy 1 card now and 1 later on.

Question is that tv of yours 1080p 3D or 720p can you link to specs.