(need help) Water Cooling parts...

sagi1984

I want to build a water cooling system for the first time. But I is not sure which parts to buy I want to build an external system. And I have no problem with the budget

Cooling water will be on the video card on the processor on the motherboard

I would love to get help recommendations regarding parts of the cooling water parts thank you (:

Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower

Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.3GHz

G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended

ENERMAX MAXREVO Series EMR1350EWT 1350W ATX12V

(4)Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G

(2)radeon HD 7990

Edited by sagi1984

If you havent already bought the 3960X I recommend a rethink on changing it to a 3930k.

If money is no issue with cooling and you want to go external cooling.

Waterblocks for CPU, GPU and mobo.

Gentle Typhoons 1450 or 1800 rpm fans

Laing D5 pump

Decent bit of dad space dependent on case bought for dad box. Mod whatever case you get anyway.

However if you havent bought ant of this stuff yet. Reconsider and get 3930k and then go build it in a full or super tower made for watercooling.

Finally Location? Where can you buy from? You say no problem with budget but you must have one otherwise I may as well recommend you go get 6 boreas chillers from coolIT. Then mount them in an external case with the extra PSUs to power them. Then tell you to mod wind tunnels for each with some hurricane fans.

you are going to run into issues without a fullsize case. Basically if you want to know of costs without name brands here you go

4x120mm rad: $100

CPU block: $70

GPU1 block: $150

GPU2 Block: $150

Pump: $70

Tubes and parts: $50

Rez: $50

Total for full watercooling setup: $650

a simple cheap solution is to go with the single Rad/block combo like the Crosiar H80 or 100. it's like $100 and will keep your cpu cool.

Edited by hornybluecow

If your going to use 2 video cards in the loop then I would consider a mod case nfrom mountain mods. They make really nice cube cases that can house multiple radiators easily. If this is your first time watercooling then I would say get one of the xspc radar kits and try it out first just to get your feet wet then go for broke after that.

I also prefer an external watercooling setup. Makes it more versatile and easier to upgrade. In the past I used an old/extra ATX case I had and modded it to my needs using a 3x120 rad, MCP655, fan controller and res. The problem I've found is that, apart from expensive radiator stands (from Phobya for example) there are no buy-it solutions to hold your gear. The best alternative is to use a small case, MicroATX or even Mini-ITX case if you can fit all your gear. Run tubes out the back where the mobo shield would be and use some couplers.