Kitting myself out with Koolance. First timer

ghostcorps

Put this inline and screw the bitspower temp sensor in.

http://www.gammods.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_91_1129&products_id=1066

One temp sensor in line somewhere measuring water temp and another unmodded sensor taped say under the front of the case just to measure ambient temp.

That sounds perfect! :) Thanks

I can use the Koolance Drain Valve for the sensor :D

Edited by ghostcorps

So here is a bit of a downer :(

The Lamptron controller does not allow multiple fan channels to respond to a single sensor channel! Which is a bit silly considering it is marketed to the water cooling community but only allows two or 3 fans at best to be controlled as one.

I am waiting on a response from Lamptron now about the possibility of splitting the sensors signal to 4 channels with a splitter cable. Does anyone here know why it would/wouldn't work?

You just need to know the power rating for your fans and of each channel and also know that the power draw of the fans on start up is greater than when running.

However if the total running power of all your fans added is 75% and less than the rated power of the controller channel there should be no reason why it wouldnt work.

Edit: forgot the drain valve had 4 ports.

Opinion on putting bitspower sensor and xspc lcd together?

Edited by Stonerboy779

You just need to know the power rating for your fans and of each channel and also know that the power draw of the fans on start up is greater than when running.

The reason I have chosen this controller is because each channel is 30W and can control either RPM or output voltage. The pump is 25W so it gets its own channel and I'm putting 8 fans (13W each) across 4 channels. What I need to know is if splitting the sensors wire to the 4 sensor channels on the controller will allow the corresponding fan channels to respond to the same signal. I am waiting for Lamptron to get back to me on it.

Opinion on putting bitspower sensor and xspc lcd together?

I the XSPC LCD looks nice, but I am looking for a controller rather than just a readout.

Thanks for the reply :)

The lamptron controller will read each channel as only one fan no matter how many fans are on it. It should also read the rpm of your pump.

Also why are you splitting 4 ways again? I thought you where just putting two fans on each channel.

You really only need one fan sensor connected in each set of fans because each set should be the same type of fan running at the same voltage, resulting in the same rpm, correct?

The lamptron controller will read each channel as only one fan no matter how many fans are on it. It should also read the rpm of your pump.

Also why are you splitting 4 ways again? I thought you where just putting two fans on each channel.

You really only need one fan sensor connected in each set of fans because each set should be the same type of fan running at the same voltage, resulting in the same rpm, correct?

I have 8 radiator fans which I need to react as one, this means I need 4 fan channels (two fans each) to respond to the same sensor signal. But, as each sensor channel controls only one fan channel the only way I can get all 4 fan channels to respond to the single sensor is to split the single signal to all 4 sensor channels which will then be read as 4 identical signals.

(Try saying that out aloud)

So you want to make one adjustment to make all fans change?

That isn't going to work, you will need to make 4 adjustments each time changing two fans not all 8 in one go.

Am I understanding what it is you want?

I'm not sure if you are following.

I know I will need to program each controller channel separably, the step-ups will be the same across all channels. Once set, the controller will make the adjustments for each individual channel automatically. I just need to split the single sensor signal into 4 identical signals so that each identically programmed channel will react in sync with each other as they are all being triggered by the same sensor.

Or are you saying that the signal from the sensor can not be split over multiple sensor channels?

So you want to make one adjustment to make all fans change?

That isn't going to work, you will need to make 4 adjustments each time changing two fans not all 8 in one go.

Am I understanding what it is you want?

he wants all 8 fans to react to the same temp input from one temp probe :thumbsup:

• Like 1

he wants all 8 fans to react to the same temp input from one temp probe :thumbsup:

Now I understand and I don't think you will get that working.

You could likely and quite easily, hook the bitspower sensor straight up to the controller but I don't see you splitting it's output and still having it work correctly.

Now I understand and I don't think you will get that working.

You could likely and quite easily, hook the bitspower sensor straight up to the controller but I don't see you splitting it's output and still having it work correctly.

Why not? I have zero knowledge on electrical signals btw.

Why not? I have zero knowledge on electrical signals btw.

Because of the way the thermocouple works with feeding voltages although I suppose If it was all wired in with the correct polarity in series, it may work. However you would possibly bust up either controller or thermometer. You could try hell you could even contact the owner of gammods over on the overclockers australia forum and see if he would be willing to sponsor you to test out splitting the wires. However to be honest I am not sure it would work properly although there is a remote possibility that it may work and hell I would be willing to test it out myself if I had a $100 disposable cash right now.

Edit: just found what i did believe was the case.

Dual probe configurations:

(From FAQ#2)Q: I only have room for one thermocouple probe in my process, but I want to have both a local readout as well as a remote display in my control room. Can I still do this?

A: Neither thermocouple, RTD, nor thermistor signals can be "split" to go to more than one readout; however, most OMEGA temperature probes can be made in a dual configuration. Dual probes generally hold the exact same outer dimensions as the single version and make retrofitting easy.

So you can put two probes on the drain valve and I suppose just adding a second valve connected to the first with a sli/cf bridge would make it easiest and neatest and would allow another two bitspower sensors if you really want that type of sensor.

Edited by Stonerboy779