Watercooling opinions and suggestions

eisbar

Hey lads,

Basically, my mate is wanting to set up a watercooling loop in his 650D -

setupl.png

he's going to order a RS240rasa kit, and obviously another 120mm rad

He will replace all fittings with bits power compression fittings, and will be water cooling my gtx 570 and later adding another and also water cooling, using this block.

Fans:

This has been a big issue for him, but i think he's settled on gelid wing 12's.

We cant find gentle typhoons for under 25 bucks @ a decent retailer, if there are any other decent fans out there, hopefully blue ( or aesthetically pleasing )pleaseee post.

He will be replacing the Rasa kit tubing with some other tubing, thinking this tubing but it possibly will change.

He's got the cash for this, so the reality of it is not a worry , but he doesn't want to go overboard spending. If its worth noting, he will be getting an ivy bridge cpu and overclocking the beast.

Also, He is located in Australia so any changes or suggests will need to be from an Aus retailer.

Cheers for help!

EDIT: His pc is as follows

Corsair 650D

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R 8GB

EVGA GTX 570 HD

Core i5 2500k

Corsair AX 750W

Coolermaster Hyper TX3

Edited by eisbar

Gammods, pccasegear, mwave to name a few places.

With the rasa kit he really doesn't need to add that second rad in fact it will actually be a little difficult to install due to clearances. Rs kit at pccasegear $139

As for fans I assume he is currently looking at the multi packs of gelid wings? If not he should the definitely hold their own they may not beat the gt but they will make up for it in looks. Wing multi-pack at pccasegear $59 for 4 fans.

If he wants he can consider putting a kookance 2x140 rad shroud on to of the case with two 140mm fans in pull to aid in the cooling of the rs rad.

Rather then the kit. Its a nice kit I will admit but with some more money input you can have a much better performing system. The XSPC pump is a little weak. With just the processor it works excellent but its noisy and when in multi cooled solutions it suffered. I would get the XSPC EX series radiators. they outperform the RS radiators and The swiftech series radiators. EK waterblocks is the best IMHO. I prefer copper BUT using Nickel is not a big deal. the website did not have the backplate in the inventory BUT i seriously recommend having one to stiffen the GPU PCB.

Other then that enjoy. The xspc tubing will be fine considering the price they want for any of there other tubing. Pick your clamps Wisely. I would get 2 90' rotories and the rest in straight fittings.

All the products are from www.pccasegear.com

Radiator 1

Radiator 2

Pump

Pump res

CPU Block

GPU block

Find your favorite coolant

edit: Maybe alot more money but the last thing you want to do is skimp on components when you are inserting a conductive fluid inside a computer. Long story short. Your position, This is what I would do.

Rather then the kit. Its a nice kit I will admit but with some more money input you can have a much better performing system. The XSPC pump is a little weak. With just the processor it works excellent but its noisy and when in multi cooled solutions it suffered. I would get the XSPC EX series radiators. they outperform the RS radiators and The swiftech series radiators. EK waterblocks is the best IMHO. I prefer copper BUT using Nickel is not a big deal. the website did not have the backplate in the inventory BUT i seriously recommend having one to stiffen the GPU PCB.

Other then that enjoy. The xspc tubing will be fine considering the price they want for any of there other tubing. Pick your clamps Wisely. I would get 2 90' rotories and the rest in straight fittings.

All the products are from www.pccasegear.com

Radiator 1

Radiator 2

Pump

Pump res

CPU Block

GPU block

Find your favorite coolant

edit: Maybe alot more money but the last thing you want to do is skimp on components when you are inserting a conductive fluid inside a computer. Long story short. Your position, This is what I would do.

Replace Koolance res with XSPC Dual 5.25” Reservoir

More Coolant, Additives, Dyes are here. Otherwise for a custom loop very nice.

Tubing can be had here and here

I'll copy and paste what he wrote in reply :)

@Boinker

I stricly need a reservoir pump combo to fit in my mid tower, so i could potentially used what "stoner" put the link to. The XSPC reservoir pump combo

@stoner

Im getting the dark blue tubing, therefore i dont need coloured coolant and will get distilled water which is cheaper, with some P-T nuke.

All round if i did it fully custom, its wayyyyyyyyyyy to expensive...

Cheers

EDIT: Would this be a good waterblock if he was to go fully custom? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_878_879&products_id=17663

Edited by eisbar

Guest venkatjaya

Get gt's for fans there still currently the best rad ran there is and don't get a fc-2 get a later revision. There well documented light loads make em whine need to run fans allmost full. FC-T would be my recommendation.

For the primochill don't get pro get Lrt much better to work with slight antimicrobiotic propertys.

Are you set on a bay res? There a pain to work with.

Currently mcp-35x is top pump recomendation. Comes with top. Its also Pwm controlled and more powerfully the at top then the 355.

Wait for revision 2 res which is direct attached and saves you a Lot of trouble. And some money on fittings.

For rads google skinnee labs for what they cover there the bible for wc.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

testing training in Chennai|software testing course chennai

.........................................................................................................................

post-83068-0-69201500-1327648245_thumb.jpeg