mopar transmissions

camaro_dude15

as some of you know i ordered a brand new ram 1500 express about 4 months ago, well a couple weeks ago the trans crapped out, its still at the dealer still being worked on, the techs there have been throwing parts at it left and right untill yesterday they said they gave up and are just going to have it remanfactured it and send it to certified transmission, does any one know if certified transmission improve their units, i know they offer a warranty so surely they try to do something to it to make sure it doesn't fail again,

oh yeah ive only put 3000 miles on it, if this happens every 3k i'm going park it in the dealers lot and stop paying for it

thoughts and opinions please

beings these are computer controlled there could be an ECU issue as well.... ALL of the transmissions functions are controlled by the ECU...

Certified Transmission DOES do teh upgrades...if you ask them

well its being done through the dealership, i bought the extended warranty so they are paying for the rental, they are sending it not me, and they did NOT like the exhaust cutout's i installed, they are all over my backside about it, but i likes the rumbles!

I am sure....

My CHevy Express Van came with a nice little paper than read something any changes to the exhaust VOIDED the whole warranty...but it had 3in all the way out...but that was a factory 425hp 6.0L engine... it was beastly

How many of those miles left black marks in the tarmack? :evilgrin:

Transmissions if something should not break on cars these days, all of them could definitely be built strong enough to survive hundreds of years... :dunno:

just mention the magnuson moss warranty act, they have to prove your aftermarket parts resulted in the failure of the part that needs repair or replacement

could but when it clearly states touching one part voids a warranty and I signed the paper who am I to try and get around that...? it isnt an issue for me to wait til the warranty is up and then go nuts...

I;d rather have them fix any issue under warranty than fight with them for months over it...trivial really

could but when it clearly states touching one part voids a warranty and I signed the paper who am I to try and get around that...? it isnt an issue for me to wait til the warranty is up and then go nuts...

I;d rather have them fix any issue under warranty than fight with them for months over it...trivial really

Doesn't matter what you signed since it's illegal for them to restrict your warranty like that.

First off it isn't the dealership that pays for repairs under warranty, the warranty underwriter does. Why would the dealership send the transmission to a local shop? Is this a new vehicle? If so then it is covered by Chrysler and the parts should be replaced with new Chrysler parts. The modifications that Chrysler is talking about, (in regards to the exhaust,) are the emmisions control devices. If you install a cat-back exhaust that has absolutley nothing to do with warranty or anything else for that matter. I would suggest you find a new dealer. Transmssion problems are not difficult to diag if you know what you're doing. If they throw a "tech" at the problem he is most likely going to do nothing more than put a scan tool on it.

The biggest problem with these so called "mechanics" we have nows-a-days is that they are parts changers, they don't actually fix anything. Tell them to do what they are used to and change the tramsmission out with a new crate unit. Those guys will probably cause more problems if they get into that thransmission and fix your problem. It only takes one small error in measurment or assembly to have a very short-lived transmission.

crash

dealerships are general mechanics... they dont specialize in anything....

around here if its new and it needs a trany they just replace it or an engine they just replace it...

if they need to crack it open they farm it out to someone who specializes in that field...

most of them the only thing they do in house is body work....