Which case?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which case should I purchase?

• Cooler Master HAF-X
    • Cooler Master Storm Trooper
    • NZXT Phantom White

Cooler Master will probably release an acrylic side window like it did with Cosmos I.

Didn't you just get the HAF-X recently?

:woot: I'd be willing to pay you for the case if it is cheaper than what it would cost me from buying it retail.

I hope they do, it's a wicked case, aside from the lack of a side window.

Yeah, I haven't even put my system in it yet, still working on it. I forgot to order a cooler since the SB-E's don't come with a stick solution, and I haven't ordered my water cooling parts yet. Hopefully the air cooler shows tomorrow so I can get started.

Where do you live? I'm guessing the shipping will be about $50 or so. If you gave me $100, to cover shipping and a little pocket money I'd be more than happy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do, it's a wicked case, aside from the lack of a side window.

Yeah, I haven't even put my system in it yet, still working on it. I forgot to order a cooler since the SB-E's don't come with a stick solution, and I haven't ordered my water cooling parts yet. Hopefully the air cooler shows tomorrow so I can get started.

Where do you live? I'm guessing the shipping will be about $50 or so. If you gave me $100, to cover shipping and a little pocket money I'd be more than happy.

Don't sell it just because I am looking to buy a case. But if you do decide to sell the HAF-X let me know. :lol:

Where do you live? I live in Vegas, it might be expensive to ship across the border.

Edited by PremiumAcc

Don't sell it just because I am looking to buy a case. But if you do decide to sell the HAF-X let me know. :lol:

Where do you live? I live in Vegas, it might be expensive to ship across the border.

Well I'd only sell it if I got a Cosmos II with a window :P

I live in British Columbia, at least we're both in the west

:mfp: Are you serious? A $300+ case... That case is WAY out of my league. Now, if you sponsor me with half the funds for it then that case would be a feasible option. :lol:

Angel, which one would you go with?

GAHHHHH I can't make up my mind. I would say the (quite literately I am typing my answer and then erasing it and flip flopping) Phantom case. God that was hard. I think it would be more fun to work with. Maybe cut a small window, or perhaps do some carbon fiber designs. I would certainly not be disappointed with the CM storm trooper, but I think the Phantom will allow for more creativity.

Has anyone tried running a rig in a cardboard box? If that works I might just run my rig in a Newegg box. :lol:

I had my moms 11 year old laptop sitting in a card board box with the screen on top and the power cord is soldered in with a mouse an key board coming out of it. I wrote on the side CAUTION!!! FRAGILE POS!!!!

But it died a month ago after I coincidently bought her a new i7 laptop with an SSD and 8 GB of memory, the hard drive was backed up, and she called me in for the hundredth time that day to fix it (billionth time in my life). It was weird. It was like some frustrated person lost his temper and took it to his friends house where they wedged an M80 in between the ram and the motherboard and blew it the .* up. However, since there was no proof, we will never know what really happened :evilgrin: .

To answer your question though, it worked fine for a year. I had some cut outs for some 120mm fans. I got pretty creative with a box, and believe it or not you can have a pretty unique box pc. It is actually a viable option as long as you don't have M80s lying around.

• 2 weeks later...