Which case?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which case should I purchase?

• Cooler Master HAF-X
    • Cooler Master Storm Trooper
    • NZXT Phantom White

I am torn between these three cases.

Air cooling performance wise HAF-X wins hands down. But I wonder... Would the NZXT and Storm trooper have better or comparable (~1C or less difference) temp results if all the empty fan mounts were used?

Aesthetics-wise I like the Storm Trooper's rugged sleek batman look the most, then followed by NZXT's Phantom.

Price-wise, NZXT is cheaper than the two by ~$50 , and the two CM are roughly the same price. Originally, I had eliminated the NZXT. But since the NZXT Phantom is on sale again and the price of the CM cases have been jacked up again, this made me reconsider the NZXT.

Which case do you think is better? Which case would you get?

Edited by PremiumAcc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like the looks of the Storm Trooper the best, as well as the added features like the carrying handle and X-Dock. That being said, the HAF X is much roomier, so if you plan on watercooling it is a far better choice. As for the NZXT, I'm not a huge fan of their cases, period.

Personally I like the looks of the Storm Trooper the best, as well as the added features like the carrying handle and X-Dock. That being said, the HAF X is much roomier, so if you plan on watercooling it is a far better choice. As for the NZXT, I'm not a huge fan of their cases, period.

From the looks of it, the HAF-X seems to have more room and better temps. But according to some reviews, Storm Trooper has the ability to take 3 radiators.

Putting any radiators in the Storm Trooper will take some modding, you will lose all your front bays, the lock box, (if you go for the 480mm) and most likely the carrying handle (if you go for a radiator on the top).

:pfp: Stop complicating my choice... :lol:

Isn't that the new case that Corsair introduced at CES this year?

But seriously, I am looking for a full tower case, not a mid-tower case.

haha my bad! I like the Phantom

edit: Yes Corsair just announced it, correct. And I'm already in love :thumbsup:

Edited by _TheAlexO

The Phantom also seems cheaply made, in my opinion.

It really isn't, unless the plastic cladding turns you off. The pink one BluePanda reviewed was pretty freakin' solid.

Edited by Waco