Intel i7-950 High temp on 100% load

Borko

Hi all, I have problem with temperature on my i7-950 processor. On 100% load (3ds max rendering) i got 91*C in less than one min.

More details (CPU is always on this settings):

BCLK Speed: 133.85

Ratio: 24

Frequency: 3212.23MHz

CPU Voltage is Auto: about 1.0V

I have Stock cooler, speed 2008rpm

Temperature on idle: about 33*C

I only do some cleaning on CPU Cooler from dust. I removed Cooler and back it again.

I dont know what to do. I'm thinking to buy one Noctua NH-C14.

Hi all, I have problem with temperature on my i7-950 processor. On 100% load (3ds max rendering) i got 91*C in less than one min.

More details (CPU is always on this settings):

BCLK Speed: 133.85

Ratio: 24

Frequency: 3212.23MHz

CPU Voltage is Auto: about 1.0V

I have Stock cooler, speed 2008rpm

Temperature on idle: about 33*C

I only do some cleaning on CPU Cooler from dust. I removed Cooler and back it again.

I dont know what to do. I'm thinking to buy one Noctua NH-C14.

...yea, the stock coolers aren't all that sir. you'd definitely benefit from a better hs/f solution...noctua, h70 or h80, practically anything actually is better than the stock one...

That is pretty high for the stock cooler but that is to be expected. @ 3.20 though that stock cooler is maxed out period. Heck at 2.66 its maxed out IMHO. I would go ahead and LOL for a new cooler but until then blow some dust out of that heat sink and see if you find a rats nest.

Running those temps that high will surely ruin the chip. Max Tcase per Intel is 67.6 celcius. That is the overall core temp and your single core teps surely put the Tcase over the limit.

I found solution for this.

I disabled option from BIOS that OS can modify CPU speed (idk why is this enabled by default). Result is: BCLK Speed 133.6, Ratio 23, Frequency 3076 MHz

But temp of CPU on 100% load was about 78*C.

Then i decided to replace termal paste/compound. And now CPU temp is fine - 23min rendering test in 3ds max - Max CPU temp was 63*C.

I found solution for this.

I disabled option from BIOS that OS can modify CPU speed (idk why is this enabled by default). Result is: BCLK Speed 133.6, Ratio 23, Frequency 3076 MHz

But temp of CPU on 100% load was about 78*C.

Then i decided to replace termal paste/compound. And now CPU temp is fine - 23min rendering test in 3ds max - Max CPU temp was 63*C.

Are you talking about turbo? What exactly did you disable?