WTB: AM3+ 990/970 AMD Mobo or Phenom II X6 cpu

pkilway

Looking at making an upgrade, I would like an AM3+ mobo with the latest AMD Northbridge (990FX, 990X or 970 - doesn't matter, just need 2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (x16, x4 is fine)),

OR

Looking for an AMD Phenom II X6 that will fit into my current Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H mobo.

Prices I'm willing to pay depend on the hardware being offered. So, post here, pm or email what you have.

I'd like to buy the 990/970 mobo now, add another 460GTX in 3-4 months to SLI (if I can score a 990 I can keep my 240GT as a dedicated Physx card), then drop in an FX X8 sometime in the fall.

Or

If I score a Phenom II X6, I use it with my current rig until I upgrade the entire computer in 18+ months.

Edited by pkilway

I'd like to buy the 990/970 mobo now, add another 460GTX in 3-4 months to SLI (if I can score a 990 I can keep my 240GT as a dedicated Physx card), then drop in an FX X8 sometime in the fall.

I would go this route appose to buying a new CPU twice. once for the x6 then the fx.

I would go this route appose to buying a new CPU twice. once for the x6 then the fx.

My current mobo doesn't support AMD FX cpu's (at least Gigabyte hasn't released a BIOS compatible for the AM3+ cpus), which is why I'm looking at a new mobo.