Skyrim INI tweak - Reconstructed

ThInK192

my INI file tweaks stopped working a while ago(like after the third update) i tried everything to get them to work again, reinstalling the game, deleting the ini files.

Updates for the pc might require you to re do your INI tweaks. I know for a fact that they just enable 4G LAA. So now the INI tweak can be taken full advantage of. I would try deleting your INI tweak then re tweak.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any before and after screen shots?

The INI tweak will make a noticable change. I doubled the distant draw of everything. Raised the resolution of water and shadows to make them look better from a distant and up close. I reduced the particals to help people with low end system keep a high FPS while running ultra settings. Plus so much more. You should no doubt see a big difference is visuals with this INI tweak.

I have posted my tweaked INI files and some screenshots on the first post.

Long live Skyrim!

Edited by ThInK192

I don't see any particular differences (though I am already at the highest settings):

You might wanna try views with more depth. The tweak increase distance draw and some other minor things. But does not enhance BETHESDA textures. I also noticed your grass draw is still short. You might wanna try downloading the file Skyrim INI Tweak.zip I have attached to my first post.

If you would be so kind as to look at my screenshots in my first post and take some screenshot with your original settings in the same location that would be awsome.

But you should notice a big difference in your distance draw. One of the biggest things you should notice is characters. You should be able to see them way out. I too have my settings maxed out and I still noticed a difference.

If you would like more info on what values do what go to this web site.

http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweak-guide

This site breaks down all the settings and how they effect your game. Enjoy :cheers:

Edited by ThInK192

Thanks to El_Capitan here some screenshots with the default ultra settings versus the INI tweak mod.

The picture with the a compass is El_Capitan and his original ultra settings.

The picture with the no compass is INI tweaked.

This isn't the best place to see the INI tweak at work but you can see some differences. Like the tress off to the right. The bottom picture shows more detail. Also the distant land has more detail and rocks.

I have been able to clearly see a difference with this INI mod. If you can't then you don't pay enough attention to details. In that case just stick to the default settings.

post-79507-0-71894800-1325560486_thumb.jpg

post-79507-0-59498700-1325560496_thumb.jpg

Edited by ThInK192

Nvidia - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Tweak Guide

This has all the ini tweaks listed here as well as more. it also details specifically what each change does and the kind of performance hits associated with the gains and there is plenty of interactive screenshots that provide very usable visual comparisoms.

Imho the best tweak is the ugrids one because walking around I was so pissed at how poor the distant landscapes looked.

I tried downloading your .ini files and it wont let me change my resolution to 1680x1050 says my display doesnt support that resolution.

To Change resolution. Unmark SKYRIMPREFS.INI for READ ONLY. (Right click PROPERTIES uncheck READ ONLY box) Then change resolution and re-set the SKYRIMPREFS.INI files back to READ ONLY. Must have downloaded INI files marked as read only or the game changes some settings.

Let me know if this helps.

Edited by ThInK192

This has all the ini tweaks listed here as well as more. it also details specifically what each change does and the kind of performance hits associated with the gains and there is plenty of interactive screenshots that provide very usable visual comparisoms.

Imho the best tweak is the ugrids one because walking around I was so pissed at how poor the distant landscapes looked.

Yea, this site help me make my mod. The only thing they are missing is a downloadable file. I'm sure there INI tweak is soild.