Its finally done! Pics and Benchmarks soon to come.

DrDigitized2

I think you missed my answer on post 51 to your solution on post 49. I think I was answering you when you typed it all out. Its a nice build but I dont think I need to go that extreme at this point.

Yes but you can put sli/cf gfx cards under with your CPu all overclocked and quite comfortably sit at probably 50C load.

If you buy the Cosmos why not give it the watercooling it deserves.

Although if you get the rasa kit with the rx rad in it the pump may/should be sufficient for a second rx rad.

Which then becomes -

- XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 Universal CPU / Triple Radiator Water Cooling Kit w/ RX360 Radiator and Free Kill Coil! - $190

- XSPC RX240 Dual 120mm Radiator - $73

- My linkScythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1450 RPM - $16 each (fans make a huge difference on rads as to how well they perform I would suggest replacing the XSPC fans in the kit so 7 fans at $112) then you have 3 120mm fans that could go in your wife's build to add extra airflow in her case.

Cost - $279

Two things that make huge differances pump and fans try not to cheap out too much on these. However as I said two low restriction rads and a low restrictive block which is detailed above should represent no issue for the stock pump just if you put the GPU under try and get a waterblock that inst too restrictive.

Disregard more recommendations if you want but i still stand by good pump, good fans and try max out internal locations for high flow rads.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am inclined to agree with stoner. The only problem is I know money is an issue for you, and you haven't done water cooling before. I would suggest that you keep a list of what stoner has suggested and get the rasa kit. Then when you start upgrading your system and start needing a bit more water cooling, you can upgrade individual parts on your water loop. Basically you could think of it as dipping your toe into the water before you dive in.

If you have the ability and self confidence to dive right in, then what stoner suggests would blow a lot of other cooling options out of the water. :thumbsup:

Thats an awesome compromise Tjj. I have downloaded the topic and will keep it for later. You both (Stoner & Tjj) have been awesome and I look forward to this build as well as the upgrades that will come later.

@Stoner The idea of keeping the cpu at 50C while overclocked does sound awesome. That would extend the life of my CPU and give me the confidence to fully overclock my system. But for the mean time I am going to stick with the cheaper water cooler and then as I get more money I will add to my water cooler.

• 3 weeks later...

@Tjj. I seen that you recommended the Cougar CMX 1000 on another thread. Would you have me switch from the Silverstone ST1000? It would save about $60 Bucks.

@Everyone, Would you buy this monitor? ASUS VE278Q

BTW, How do I change the title to the topic? I am only building one computer now so I think I should change my Title.

Oh and I have had a change in heart about which case I am going with. It will not be the Cosmos II. I will be choosing the HAF 932. I like the way it looks plus the price is nice. I figure I add the money else where. Like buying a computer chair.

@Tjj. I seen that you recommended the Cougar CMX 1000 on another thread. Would you have me switch from the Silverstone ST1000? It would save about $60 Bucks.

@Everyone, Would you buy this monitor? ASUS VE278Q

BTW, How do I change the title to the topic? I am only building one computer now so I think I should change my Title.

No, but then again I wouldn't know. I found that cougar PSU as something to be as cheap as possible and yet do the job without blowing out the mobo. However, I do NOT have ANY experience with cougar branding. I know silverstone, I trust silverstone, so silverstone is obviously what I would recommend, but that doesn't mean Cougar wouldn't do the job equally well.

As for the screen, I have no idea. It seems like a good buy? The only thing stooping me from saying "go ahead and buy it" is that I know you can get 1900 by 1200 for the price. They would be 24 inches, but the added resolution by be noticeable? Honestly thoug, I know very little about screens, and I wish someone could tell me what certain deciding features are in the specs to gauge what a screen will look like picture quality wise.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Oh and I have had a change in heart about which case I am going with. It will not be the Cosmos II. I will be choosing the HAF 932. I like the way it looks plus the price is nice. I figure I add the money else where. Like buying a computer chair.

Or you could get the cosmos 2 and sit on the box? I literally do that with my 800D case box. I am even thinking about adding a back to it.

Really though, any money left over should go straight into a better GPU or more of them.

Or you could get the cosmos 2 and sit on the box? I literally do that with my 800D case box. I am even thinking about adding a back to it.

Really though, any money left over should go straight into a better GPU or more of them.

Lol. I weigh 310 pounds. I dont think I will fit.

The current chair that I am using is a wooden table chair. MY butt hurts! Not to mention my back. I am still waiting on the HD 7950 to find out weather I should buy it or the 7970. The price difference is only about $100 from what most leaks are saying. I just wonder how much your loosing by taking the cheaper road.

Well I just ordered the HAF 932. I paid $140 for it using a E-Mail Promo. Plus I will be getting a $10 MIR. So overall $130 isn't to shabby. Plus it was the blue leds. I know my wife will like that. :biggrin: And if shes happy I'm Happy :thumbsup::cheers:

Congrats on moving closer to your final build! :cheers: