What does it take to make a touchscreen PC work?

NikoDG

I'm just curious because it seems as though Windows 8 will be insanely frustrating without a touch screen, but what does it take to make a computer a touchscreen? I'm guessing a special controller with a special monitor, but I'm not sure. Can you take a normal computer and make it a touchscreen?

And it just plugs into your computer through a normal HDMI port?

HDMI, DVI, VGA, Displayport whatever you got and whatever it takes although it will need at least one and with some more than one usb port also.

I have an old touchscreen, CRT old :lol: and I am replacing it with an Acer 23" touchscreen all you need do is install the drivers that come with it (like a keyboard or mouse) and plug it in like a monitor and also connecting the USB cable.

Then of course don't forget it does jack without a PC :lol: if you go touchscreen have a go with the windows 8 beta

Well I am at work and then I am hitting up the beach for the next 3 days :biggrin:

So no testing by me.

There is a thread on OCC about the beta nd there are plenty if vids on YouTube which should give you a good idea of whether you want it or not.