Video card FPS meter

ishyishy

Hi,

Is there a program out there that constantly monitors and measures frames per second? I am curious to see what my card pulls on different games. Anyone have any good suggestions?

What you need is fraps. Does exactly what you need, google to find it. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: and its free for just monitoring FPS and doing benchmarks. Not sure how much it is, but if you're looking to record gameplay/desktop/anything then it costs..

Ok i will look. The last time i looked at fraps it was like 5 years ago? lol....back then i think it was very limited as to what it did. thanks for suggestion. if any1 knows any other programs feel free to post. thanks again.

:thumbsup: and its free for just monitoring FPS and doing benchmarks. Not sure how much it is, but if you're looking to record gameplay/desktop/anything then it costs..

If you want to know your video card's FPS, that's what FRAPS will give you.

Ok fraps works, but im only getting 30 fps playing batman archam city on a gtx 580 3GB. this seems extremely low. what do you guys think?

If it plays the game well which I am assuming it does, don't worry about how many frames it shows. FPS is good for benchmarking. I am getting a steady 30 FPS in BF3 on my old 280GTX SLI hardware........but it's plays really well, and it's at 5760x1200.

Edited by uneedav8

what do you guys think?

I think frame rates do not matter, what matters is the play. if the game is smooth and has no stutter then the frame rates are unimportant. Now if your game is stuttering or you have to lower detail level to be playable then that is worth exploring but even then frame rates are not the issue the experience is.

That being said the GTX 580 should play anything out there well but there can be factors and you have not given enough detail such as the CPU you use or the resolution you game at or the detail level settings.

BTW I am curious where you got such detailed info that shows 99% of GTX580 users that are playing the game mentioned are having an issue. That is some seriously accurate numbers. evilgrin.gif

Edited by ComputerEd

Hi,

Is there a program out there that constantly monitors and measures frames per second? I am curious to see what my card pulls on different games. Anyone have any good suggestions?

you can use Afterburner OSD for monitoring FPS and other things such as temperature but fraps is better for benchmarking

wow Ok, after further research, it appears that 99% of users of my gpu are having FPS problems. that sounds terrible given how much this damn thing costs lol. hope they fix it soon.

Link? That %1 must be very lucky.