EQ Settings

Black64

So I am quite new to the audio side of the PC world, but I want to know how to set my EQ settings and any other settings that I don't know of. My current setup is

Onboard Sound Realtek (will be upgrading this during the holiday sales)

Gemini XTR-400 15 inch sub

M-Audio AV40 Dual Left Channels (they both have amps :evilgrin: )

Need other info? just ask.

Any help is great!

Edited by Black64

So I am quite new to the audio side of the PC world, but I want to know how to set my EQ settings and any other settings that I don't know of. My current setup is

Onboard Sound Realtek (will be upgrading this during the holiday sales)

Gemini XTR-400 15 inch sub

M-Audio AV40 Dual Left Channels (they both have amps :evilgrin: )

Need other info? just ask.

Any help is great!

What do you want to achieve? Is there a particular thing that you feel is lacking or on the other hand overpowering ect.

And dual left channels please explain?

What do you want to achieve? Is there a particular thing that you feel is lacking or on the other hand overpowering ect.

:withstupid:

I personally try to avoid EQ settings (i.e. keep them flat or turn them off where possible), so unless there is a consistent lack of something (or something overpowering, as mentioned) then I'd leave them alone.

It feels like I have to much treble and like I am lacking some mid-range. EQ settings were set to "Powerful"

Dual left channels- I bought some AV40s but they were both left speakers(which is good because they have the amp in them, the right channels don't, the left channels are the powered and the right are passive.)

@Jammin- I will try flatting them out.

Sounds better, but it seems like it is missing something

Edited by Black64

Give it a bit of time listening to various things with flat EQ settings, to get a good idea of where things are coming up short.

Then if you are going to fiddle again, I'd recommend only doing negative EQ adjustments. So only adjust downwards below 0 to get the sound you want.

Use your amplification to make up for any volume reduction. EQ isn't for making things louder.

I'd also note that more often than not when I find something lacking, it usually has more to do with the quality of the source material.

It feels like I have to much treble and like I am lacking some mid-range. EQ settings were set to "Powerful"

Dual left channels- I bought some AV40s but they were both left speakers(which is good because they have the amp in them, the right channels don't, the left channels are the powered and the right are passive.)

Yes and that amp can also power a right channel of each if you had the right channel speakers you could set up 4.1 :lol:

Do as jammin said and start at a flat output, with your sub off however, then adjust you speakers to you liking for clarity with a bit of mid range. the rest of the mid to low range can be picked up by your sub.

AV40s have a relativity even output across all frequencies however the mid to low end severely drops off a little bass boost should fix that.

Also your sub is a PA sub with two speakers what happened to them?

Yes and that amp can also power a right channel of each if you had the right channel speakers you could set up 4.1 :lol:

Do as jammin said and start at a flat output, with your sub off however, then adjust you speakers to you liking for clarity with a bit of mid range. the rest of the mid to low range can be picked up by your sub.

AV40s have a relativity even output across all frequencies however the mid to low end severely drops off a little bass boost should fix that.

Also your sub is a PA sub with two speakers what happened to them?

Thanks I will try that, I just unpluged the PA speakers and now I have a great sub. :teehee: