Xmas/New Year's "SALE" worth waiting for?

saul good

Spending about $1,000 on PSU (Seasonic Platinum 1000W or Corsair AX1200) CPU (SB i7-2600) & MB (thinking UD-5 but $/promo's are a consideration).

Question: Do you think it is worth waiting for promo's, either at Christmas/Boxing Day, or early in 2012?

Thank you for your opinions and experience.

I have found promo's are hit and miss, especially with Newegg. Chances that they are going to have the model/item you want on sale is slim, and they tend to not put the strongest sellers on sale (not that it never happens). So, if the one you want is very popular, you might not see a promo for it.

In the end, if you are spending $1000, that seems plenty enough for a decent PSU/MB/CPU, and promo's would only save you maybe $40-$50... I wouldn't wait if you need them now.

I have found promo's are hit and miss, especially with Newegg. Chances that they are going to have the model/item you want on sale is slim, and they tend to not put the strongest sellers on sale (not that it never happens). So, if the one you want is very popular, you might not see a promo for it.

I was about to edit my previous post and add the exact model problem when I saw that you have already posted it. :biggrin: