Troubleshooting Budget Build

LuckyDeath

OK so I built the following rig for my grandpa this week...

HITACHI 500GB HD

MB ASROCK 880GM-LE

MEM 2Gx2|MUSHKIN 996768 DDR3 1333

PSU CORSAIR|430W CMPSU-430 CXV2

CPU AMD|PH II X3 720 AM3

CASE COMPUCASE|HEC 6T10LITE

The motherboard has VGA and DVI, and I just purchased a DVI cable via Newegg to plug the build into my monitor (I use an HDMI-DVI adapter normally for my rig). Monitor is a Dell 23'inch display.

So when I turn the PC on, fans spin, DVD drive whirs, mouse button lights up, but no picture displays on the monitor. It stays in 'power save' mode saying that it is not detecting a signal.

I know the PSU is good (I have a PSU tester) and I can tell that the motherboard is putting out power (since fans are spinning and mouse is lighting up).

I suspect that maybe the problem is the motherboard (the onboard graphics, maybe?). Also, my keyboard (Logitech G510) does not light up when plugged in and the PC is turned on. That makes me think that maybe the problem is the keyboard is not recognized, and so without being able to push a key the monitor is not snapping out of it.

Right now I have considered buying a generic USB keyboard and RMA'ing the motherboard... but I don't want to send back the board if its fine. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? I'm really stumped.

THANKS!

Edited by LuckyDeath

Just read this in a review of the motherboard on Newegg... sounds very similar to my problem.

"Cons: Built my new server, only to boot up the first time to no POST or video output. Tried a different CPU, PSU, Ram, nothing, forcing me to RMA. After doing some research, it seems DOA's are MUCH to common with this board."