Where are they all?

ehume

I've been dropping by, seeing thousands of visitors, up in the 8,000's at times, with hundreds of members -- nearly a thousand. But then I look in the sub-forums and I see very few people there.

So where is everybody? What are they looking at that I'm not? Is it something in the back of the store that only grownups are allowed to see?

I bet most of the guests are probably looking at archived posts for help with problems or reading reviews. I post most in the gaming sub-forum, but it does seem like there should be more posts more often with that many active members.

EDIT:

Are you able to see the amount of people viewing topics in the sub forums, because I can't.

Edited by 90sgamer

Google results bring a lot of visitors especially with reviews, but forum results as well. I'm sure there are also a lot of web spiders/etc that constantly comb/cache everything too.

Google results bring a lot of visitors especially with reviews, but forum results as well. I'm sure there are also a lot of web spiders/etc that constantly comb/cache everything too.

OK. But I look at a number of forums, and this one has the largest number of visitors by far. You would think the others would have similar numbers of spiders.

OK. But I look at a number of forums, and this one has the largest number of visitors by far. You would think the others would have similar numbers of spiders.

Probably has something to do with the christmas contest

:withstupid: Exactly this, daily new content is up from what I have noticed roughly 100%+

OK. Up 100%. That means doubled. But cut the numbers in half and this place still has tons of visitors. And yet so few posts for the number.

Well to be perfectly honest, I post on other people's posts, but, I don't really start any. I've also been known to sit on a post and F5 it like it's going out of style.

F5 it? What does that do?

Thanks! Learned two new things tonight. Excellent.

Edit: though in Windows ctrl-W seems to do what it used to do: close the page or tab.

Edited by ehume