Overclocking = "Disk Error Occurred Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart&

Pax3

Hi

I've got an old E2180 processor which should easily overclock from it's native 2Ghz to 3Ghz. However, I've always ran it at 2Ghz because as soon as I start increasing the FSB speed, the mentioned errocrstarts occurring. How frequently this error occurs depends on how higher I set the values. But it starts hapening at a mere 2,4Ghz.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Edited by Pax3

Hi

I've got an old E2180 processor which should easily overclock from it's native 2Ghz to 3Ghz. However, I've always ran it at 2Ghz because as soon as I start increasing the FSB speed, the mentioned errocrstarts occurring. How frequently this error occurs depends on how higher I set the values. But it starts hapening at a mere 2,4Ghz.

What could be causing this?

Thanks

Would help if you posted your system specs like mb>psu>memory>etc.

Your NB is overheating causing the (I think) Sata controller to stop working.(that is a guess) But anyway that error means the HDD is not being seen by the mobo at all.

Edited by Black6464

Your NB is overheating causing the (I think) Sata controller to stop working.(that is a guess) But anyway that error means the HDD is not being seen by the mobo at all.

There's literally hundreds of causes. I recently had a computer that was giving the error. I replaced the hard drive, and after some coaxing, it worked just fine.

The old drive was totally dead, though.