GF rates MW3 @ 8.6

ThInK192

PC Gamer said it best in its first sentence "I’ve been playing Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer a little bit this morning. First impression? If you sat me down in front of it and told me it was Modern Warfare 2, I wouldn’t know you were lying."

Apparently millions of people. :P

Then again, millions of people seem to enjoy Angry Birds a lot as well. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

Angry Birds + Modern Warfare = Killing Floor because you can actually run around in a chicken costume fighting with modern weaponry. :D

:lol: It took awhile, but I'm glad I worked to get that skin. Of course, it is silly to go for a different character skin in an FPS, since you don't see it. Still, it made one guy I know jealous.

:lol: It took awhile, but I'm glad I worked to get that skin. Of course, it is silly to go for a different character skin in an FPS, since you don't see it. Still, it made one guy I know jealous.

I like the challenge myself, and the backstory, I know I can probably just get the backstory from a wiki or something but I don't know, I like reading it from the screen. :lol:

It's a pretty silly skin, and I actually haven't even been using it since I got it. Actually my favorite skin is one of the default ones, Sergeant Powers, his backstory is the best of them all in my opinion. :D

PC Gamer said it best in its first sentence "I’ve been playing Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer a little bit this morning. First impression? If you sat me down in front of it and told me it was Modern Warfare 2, I wouldn’t know you were lying."

I wonder if that's all you read or focused on.

He goes to say:

The similarity isn’t necessarily a criticism. Modern Warfare’s multiplayer has always been a hair short of brilliant. I’ve been having a ton of fun with it so far.

The maps flow beautifully, and if you stand still, you’re likely to be shot from behind.

I’ve been playing guys who are level 36 and above ........ it doesn’t feel unfair.

....by building on an existing base and a familiar template, the game ends up polished and content rich.

And just as in Call of Duty: Black Ops, if the server has it enabled, your matches are automatically saved in your Theatre. From there, you can load replays, fly around them in free camera, record and edit chunks of them, and then upload them for people on your Steam friends list to watch. I played around with it, and it’s immediately easier to use than Team Fortress 2′s replay editor.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Thats the only sentence I need to read. Recycled trash IMO. You are entitled to yours.

This is exactly why user reviews are worthless now. Thanks for giving review sites the monopoly! :erm:

I used to only go by user reviews but so many are bitter and ego infested they couldn't offer up a fair review even if someone paid them to ...and wrote it for them. Like Krazy pointed out, it is the same reason BF3 is ranked as 2 stars at Amazon. BF3 has its issues but it is by far no where close to a 2 star game. Looking at the reviews the game got from a multitude of different professional reviewing sites I think accurately reflects the game as a whole.

It is amazing just how similar all the bitter gamers are - it's like watching a digital jihad. :doh: