Normal NB/ VRM temps?

ir_cow

so i redid my watercooling with the board water-hazred sold me and i'm a little concerned about the VRM temps. are they suppose to be around 50c or much lower? i had a Asrock 58x before this and it didn't have a NB or VRM temp sensor so i have no idea.

Edited by hornybluecow

Well I heard my EVGA X58 classified can get upwards of 80C I think I read somewhere. These X58s get crazy hot, mine with watercooling managed to get up to 48C if I remember correctly, I used the HWmonitor to check it though. I usually don't trust the BIOS.

yeah i'm either going to get another replacment board or switch to the new intel bridge shortly. i have yet to decide but either way i don't want to take everything part again...

yeah i'm either going to get another replacment board or switch to the new intel bridge shortly. i have yet to decide but either way i don't want to take everything part again...

Honestly I would just go with Sandy Bridge, or are you waiting for IVY bridge?

Either way, move on from X58 if you can, you get the same/better performance with much less power consumption from the new sockets.

I have an EVGA X58 SLI FTW3.... IT runs hot everywhere.

Sorry your Vram chips blew up. They have recertified Board on the egg that you can get that will fit that Waterblock and mosfet block. This one FTW3 should be a grand edition to any case.