2600k and BF3 system crash...

I ran prime95 and it was locking up my system... Anyways I took the multi down to 43 and the system seems to be running a lot smoother at 4.3ghz....

The last time I overclocked was when you only really had one core to worry about, and none of this turbo boost stuff, it has me a little confused lol.... Starting to figure things out, and thanks everyone for the help its appreciated!

I disabled Turbo on my overclock, but if you want to keep it. You can lower the amount the Turbo is boosting your overclock at each stage to keep it within range of your max clock. I would just disable it and use the base ratio overclocking.

Edited by Krazyxazn

If other games have been running fine then it is BF3. Doesn't surprise me. BF3 is best played on console until the bugs are fixed. Nvidia had to update there drivers the day BF3 came out. So what does that tell you.

Hey greengiant. Get your system overclock prime 95 blend stable for four hours and use occt gpu tester to verify your gpu memory is stable. After that if you still have issues I would look into reinstalling the game. Sounds like an unstable oc to me.

I have tinkered with it some more and got it running more stable...

Right now I got it at about 5.0 running at about 71c on full load... Hasen't crashed yet...

Also with Prime95 what settings do you chose when running it?

I thought Prime95 didn't work well with sandy bridge (didn't show errors when there were). I would use something like LinX, IBT, or some other kind of linpack test to stress it.

A combination of them all is best. A few hours with Prime95 and at least 25 passes of IBT...

I thought Prime95 didn't work well with sandy bridge (didn't show errors when there were). I would use something like LinX, IBT, or some other kind of linpack test to stress it.

yeah it was locking up my system with even the low overclocks....