Looking for a mobo upgrade

Well that's good to know, I had no idea.. :mellow: If I hadn't asked I would have just went along and installed it.

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Not a problem. Driver Sweeper will help ensure you don't have any issues with performance due to some remaining NVIDIA ones.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a problem. Driver Sweeper will help ensure you don't have any issues with performance due to some remaining NVIDIA ones.

Alright, sounds good! Would this be ran.. before I install the new one.. so while the NVIDIA card is still in?

Alright, sounds good! Would this be ran.. before I install the new one.. so while the NVIDIA card is still in?

You can do it in all sorts of orders if you have onboard video beat to use that and clean out drivers.

If not dump the new card in clear CMOS boot up. Then you can clean out old drivers and install new ones.

After that should be smooth running.

Probably the best method would be to run the NVIDIA video driver uninstaller, then reboot into Safe Mode, then run Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to get rid of anything leftover, shut down the PC, remove the NVIDIA card, install the AMD one, then start up the PC and install the AMD drivers.

Probably the best method would be to run the NVIDIA video driver uninstaller, then reboot into Safe Mode, then run Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to get rid of anything leftover, shut down the PC, remove the NVIDIA card, install the AMD one, then start up the PC and install the AMD drivers.

this is not probably the best solution but it is the best available solution. One of my friends taught be this idea more than 1 year ago. At that time he used the same technique to swap his cards.

this is not probably the best solution but it is the best available solution. One of my friends taught be this idea more than 1 year ago. At that time he used the same technique to swap his cards.

Well what would you suggest as the "Best" solution?

^^ Oh you missed the meaning of my post. I said that that is the best solution. The word 'probably' is not needed there. ;)

Ok so if we remove "probably" we have:

"This is not the best solution but it is the best available solution. One of my friends taught be this idea more than 1 year ago. At that time he used the same technique to swap his cards."

Still doesn't say that you think it's the best solution :lol::P

Ok so if we remove "probably" we have:

"This is not the best solution but it is the best available solution. One of my friends taught be this idea more than 1 year ago. At that time he used the same technique to swap his cards."

Still doesn't say that you think it's the best solution :lol::P

I think he means from mine, but still, it didn't need a big explanation like he attempted to do. Just something simple saying it's the best way to do it.