Water Cooling

aspevacek

Ok I placed an order with Jab Tech tonight to get some decent cooling for my little rig.

Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme Performance CPU waterblock (Rev 2)

XSPC RS240 BLACK - High Performance Copper Fin Radiator

XSPC RS120 BLACK

Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound - 12g

ARCTIC SILVER ARCTICLEAN 60ML KIT - THERMAL MATERIAL REMOVER

Arctic Cooling - Arctic ACF12 Pro Pwm - 120mm Fan

Dangerden DD-GTX590 Water Block X2

Dangerden 3/8" - 5/8" UV Black DreamFlex Tubing

EK-Bay Spin Reservoir - Acetal

Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump

Bitspower G1/4 Stubby Fitting - 3/8" Matte Black - BP-MBWP-C13

3/8" T Line for 3/8" ID Tubing - Black

Dangerden Crossfire / SLI fitting pack

Plastic Tubing Clamps - Black Options: size: Medium Size (F)

Does it look like I hav eforgotten anything in that little order?

I have not done water cooling for a few years and last time I had a set up I was running Black Ice rads in my system. Was nto sure to go with this time around. If I am not happy with the performance of what I have chosen I will just set down and re order some replacement stuff.

Looks like everything is good to go. The two radiators you have may be hard pressed to cool the two video cards and the processor but we will find out soon enough. What kind of case is this going in.

It is all housed in a HAF 922. Plenty of room and everything is wide open. I am very picky on how my wiring looks so everything is tied off to have the least amount visible.

this is my Flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/66488091@N06/ it shows my PC currently an dsome nice pics if you are into lifted trucks. I just recently swapped out my skyjacker Class2 for a James Duff Stage 3 lift.

I am basically going to set the system up as a dual loop off 1 pump and resivor. I will run the i7 through the 120 single and the 2 graphics cards through the 2X120 rad.

That is how I have always set up my loops in th epast but like i have said its been a few years since i did any water cooling.

Edited by aspevacek

OK. The only thing I'm worried about is if the radiators are OK to do That. Now my socket 1366 can't be cooled well by a single radiator as the water temp gets to high but maybe the 2600k will do fine with a single radiator. Just for that matter I have hooked an h50 to my i7 and 4.0 ghz was barely obtainable. With a full custom setup I need a dual, triple is much better, to get to 4.2ghz and not run Into temp issues with past testing. Just that's my abnormally hot running i7... LOL I think the heatspreading has bad contact. I'm not even going to get into the gpu part as I can't find anymore 480 blocks that I would use.

Let us know how the system does with the setup. I'd be curious to see if mine would do alright with a single 140 radiator.

Well the stuff has shipped and I paid for over night express shipping so it should all be here by 1030AM tommorow. I am unemployed currently so have nothing but time to get it up and running in the near future.

NIce truck. I want one simalar just with an Extended cab. I have a Nissan Frontier But 4x4 hardware is not easy or cheap to come by.... But if I drive cross the boarder into your turf then maybe so... Maybe same story? Oh well.

Well I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to install the DD 590 blocks to go back to the stock coolers in the end. I appears around the VR pads the block should be machined more and it is not making contact with my VR. So I pu tthe machine to gether with just 1 card and stock cooling until I can get with danger den on monday or my shipment from Frozen CPU comes in with the other branded blocks I ordered. Either way I will get this WC setup going in my machine.