Water Cooling

aspevacek

*off topic* lol sorry

It an dsome nice pics if you are into lifted trucks. I just recently swapped out my skyjacker Class2 for a James Duff Stage 3 lift.

How do you like the KM2's? Do they grind on the pavement bad or not too loud?

On topic though. You say the cpu runs abnormally hot? How is the surface of it? Might benefit from a nice lapping if it is a bit concave or convex.

I love the KM2's but they have that typical Mudder Hum while going down the raod. They are not as loud as some of the tires I have run in the past but louder then my last set of ATs.

The processor in Bios shows 41 deg cel. If I look at it in Hardware monitor it shows around 31 deg cel idle in windows. I am thinking it is a normal bugged bios reading MSI has usually released on thier mother boards. the in windows reading was taken with HW monitor Pro. so I am a little more inclined to believe it. I had searched the web trying to find out anyone else having bad temp reports in bios on MSI boards but came up with no useful info.

I think Monday before installing the WC stuff (when the GPU blocks arrive) I will go ahead and lap the CPU just to humor myself. If i smoke the 2600K I will just eat the cost of a new one.

For the Motherboard temperature, GPU temp, voltages, Fan speeds, PWM controller Duty cycle Hardware Monitor is great to have. Now for CPU temperature its not near as accurate. I Use Speed fan or core temp. Instead of using the motherboards sensor it goes Directly off the processor temperature sensor that is going to be the most Reliable of temperatures to use when determining processor temp. As far as lapping the CPU heatspreader I would try to stay away from that unless you can verify that the processor heat spreader is jacked up. Lapping anything is a long process that is in most cases not necessary and in many cases Wackes up the spreader more then it helps anything. If you must lap the processor then please do so slowly and carefully.

My thoughts,

Boinker.

my HW monitor Pro i sreading th esame as what core temp was reading. I figured after all these years MSI would get thier motherboards reading temps properly.

Off topic my wife had the truck at work today and we had a freak snow storm hit. First thing she commented on whne she got home is how impressed she was with the grip of the (new tires) KM2s on the snow covered roads. Made me feel good when she actually noticed a difference in how the truck handles on road. She was totally against the lift swap from the time I mentioned it.

Edited by aspevacek